Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

Mark,

Thanks for clearing that point for us. For me, it would prety much be the 5cm Sonnar lenses that I would use on the LTM bodies if I ever went that route. For wide lenses, a non coupled adapter would be fine.

That would probably be a good buy for you, Raid. I'd be better off saving for that R2C ;) I can barely afford to stay in Contax which is why I sold all my Leica LTM & M mount gear. Pity I couldn't afford that IIa :bang:

Which adaptor are you looking at?

William

William,

Contax cameras seem to cost more than LTM bodies [on the long run]. The IIa can show up for $100 or so in "damaged" shape. Eddy can then repair it for $100.

wlewisiii, I have a Voigtlander R2C that I would be willing to let you use for several months free of charge, if you are interested. I have not used it for a few years since I got several of my Contax cameras back after an overhaul by Henry Scherer. The R2C is a decent camera to usel. Be advised that one cannot mount the pre-WW2 CZJ Biogon 35/2.8, the Jupiter 35/2.8 or the CZ 21/4.5 Biogon on this camera. The post-WW2 CZ or Zeiss-Opton 35/2.8 Biogons will work though, as will the Nikkor 35mm lenses in apertures of 1.8, 2.5 and 3.5. No problems mounting any Zeiss post or pre WW2 50mm, 85mm or longer lenses, although focusing a lens such as the Contax 85/2 wide open is hit or miss (mostly miss) on the Viogtlander R2C due to the baseline of the rangefinder. For 85mm and above, I greatly prefer the long baseline of the Contax II or its Kiev analogues.

Last edited:
This is very kind of you, Mark.
William will be able to try out the camera before deciding to buy such a camera one day or not.

This is very kind of you, Mark.
William will be able to try out the camera before deciding to buy such a camera one day or not.

Trust me, Raid, I contacted him quickly. That's an amazingly generous offer that I was well pleased to accept.

I'll have to use that body as an excuse to have a mini-50 shoot off now:
J-3 50/1.5
Menopta 50/1.8
1942 Sonnar T 50/2 collapsible
1937 Tessar 50/2.8 collapsible

Fun stuff, to be sure :)

Thank you, again, Mark.

William

If anything I'd like to run more film through the Yashicamat 124...the last few rolls were very nice and the last few prints I made from that camera were great...Printing full frame on a 8x8 sheet...The Yashicamat, Neopan 400 and Agfa FB Matt...sweet...

This has been an eventful day as far as photography goes.

I just ordered a fed 3b on ebay, so while I wait for it to arrive, I thought I'd dust off the old himatic. It was decently warm enough for a while, but the temperature quickly dropped off after about noon. -20 C temperatures combined with a poorly aligned rangefinder led me to give up after maybe half a roll.

Then tonight it warmed up a bit again, so I thought I'd do some night shooting. Transplant the roll into my Spotmatic, pull out the tripod, realize I have no clue where my quick release is. So I pulled out a flimsy tabletop tripod and hit the streets anyway. No sooner did I fire off two shots than my mirror gets stuck raised...

Then I came home, developed the half spent roll, ripped the cameras into pieces and put them back together.

I think that's enough photography for the weekend. It's just not meant to be.

Though if any of the negs scan nicely I guess I might pull out the darkroom tomorrow.

This has been an eventful day as far as photography goes.

Then I came home, developed the half spent roll, ripped the cameras into pieces and put them back together.

I think that's enough photography for the weekend. It's just not meant to be.

Though if any of the negs scan nicely I guess I might pull out the darkroom tomorrow.

Take it easy ... relax without photography! It sounds as it was not meant to be.

I need/want to use my Nikon RF gear, so I'll be out with a Nikon S2 and 50mm f1.4 black lens, as well as my C/V R2S with the 25 and 21 C/V lenses. And...ssshhhh...my FM2 with 55mm f2.8 Micro Nikkor.

I will shoot naked angels in the graveyard.

I will use my Bronica ETRS with (mainly) the MC 200/4,5 and a tripod

Nah, nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure... ;)

Hoping my Contax II & Retina IIa get back from Eddy today or tomorrow,

William

I may play with my Summitar and my M3. For some reason, I have never used the Summitar before.

I took a roll of film with the Spiratone 20mm 2.8 on a Bessa L yesterday. I used a Russar 20mm viewfinder, and I had Tmax 100 in the camera. There were many dead jellyfish at the beach, with hundreds of birds feasting on that stuff. I tried panning with the 20mm lens, as the birds would suddenlly fly in front of me.

I'm out shooting in the snow(storm(s)) with My Leica M2 with ZM 50mm Planar and Kodak Instamatic X-15(!)

Attachments

• snowstorm m2 1.jpg
    snowstorm m2 1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
I got up this morning wanting to use the View Camera...so I did...
I shot some 120 B&W film with the Calumet C2 6x7 film holder...
I started a second roll but did not finish it so I'll have to shoot more later...
Used a 150 and 210mm lens...oh yeah and a polarizing filter...

The RFF Sacto chapter did a short shoot-out Saturday morning on one of the city's more industrial streets. I had along a Bessa T w/ 40 Rokkor-M (sweet combination!), the M2 w/ 28 skopar, and a Canon 50/1.5 in the bag which also saw some use. Finished up a roll of Tri-X, went home and souped it, along w/ a roll of HP5, in Diafine. Life is good. We'll see if the results are, once I've scanned.

Bobkonos can tell what HE used!! ;) :D

It is again weekend. What will you be up to "photographically"? I hope that there will be a chance to take photos. It is cold in the USA.

I have my little camera backpack ready. It includes a Bessa L with a Canon 19mm lens, plus a Canon P with a Summitar.

Well, I did manage a couple of frames a couple of hours ago but the weather is turning ugly here for the the rest of the weekend, so the weather guys say anyway. So I'm at home scanning some negs from last weekend and listening to music - Elgar and Bach so far but plenty more to choose from on the shelf.

Back