Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

Chris,

I am planning to try better MF scanning this weekend. Someone was kind enough to email me step by step advices on how to use the Epson 3170 for MF scans. The cold weather is just what is needed to stay home.

It's cold this weekend (-13º C, 9º F Low) but not as cold as it has been this week (as low as -30º C). Still I think I'll be stuck inside because with the warmer temperatures comes some snow squalls and whiteout conditions.

I have 3 cameras loaded with film, all three with colour (1 NPH and 2 with Velvia) which is weird for me. At the very least this weekend I'll have to finish off the Velvia in my main camera so I can load some B&W. Might be interesting to shoot a snow storm with Velvia :p

Raid,

I'm scanning 6x7s from a Mamiya 7ii on an Epson V700. It's all landscape stuff which probably needs MF to do it justice and, of course, it's all B&W (FP4)

Cold in Philly!

Cold in Philly!

It's cold here as well. Will be getting together with Al Patterson and NickTrop and any others who may show up at the Irish Pub today at 11:30. Taking my M6 and RD-1. President Obama is scheduled to depart from here today, but there's no way one can even get close. We'll probably drink, eat, talk rangefinders and photography and then maybe do some street stuff. Al wants to go to WebbCam, a local photo retailer. Probably too cold for very many to show. We'll see! :)

Raid,

I'm scanning 6x7s from a Mamiya 7ii on an Epson V700. It's all landscape stuff which probably needs MF to do it justice and, of course, it's all B&W (FP4)

Chris,

I first need to find a small piece of nonreflective glass for sharper scans.

I'm headed to Houston for a week......taking a Gakken Stereo/Pinhole along with 4 rolls of 35mm color print film....I just get process only...I cut the negs and scan them myself.....always a surprise and fun to see the results....I usually print out postcards....the folks that know me just smile and shake their heads........Bill

If my little digits don't snap off in the cold (17ºF here as I type this), I'll put my first roll in the Olympus Pen EE I was given this week. Talk about "doubling" your fun!

- Barrett

my space heater is warming up my darkroom as I write. Getting ready to go develop some 120 film I shot during the summertime. No longer have the Mamiya 645 I used but if I like the pics I may be buying another.

Took pictures of our cats having gala dinner :D

I have used my Rolleiflex TLR, tripod, 2 Nikon SB-28 flashlights, a white umbrella, Ilford Delta 400, salmon (from a can of catfood) and some other delicious food, 2 of 3 cats (the third got shy when she saw the camera)

It warmed up to a comfy 58F or so today. I drove to the beach with the girls, and I took two rolls of film there.

Used the 'blad and 80 Planar this morning, took the M6 out with the Wife and kids to go shopping (with 'cron 50 and CV 28/2.0) both with Tri-X

It's Nikon weekend

It's Nikon weekend

Sunday there will be a European vintage/exotic car show at Sacramento's version of Rodeo Drive. I will carry my Nikon S2 with 5cm f1.4 lens and C/V R2S with 25 and 85 lenses. I'll shoot color slide and b&w.

It was raining this morning, but then the rain stopped. I took a roll of film at the fishing pier, with many birds resting there. It was a day for B&W.

It was raining this morning, but then the rain stopped. I took a roll of film at the fishing pier, with many birds resting there. It was a day for B&W.

It was close to a b/w day for me, too, but the rain / snow just wouldn't stop so it turned into a day of developing a few of those abandoned rolls.

On Saturday I just moved bench with my De Vere, so spent a couple of hours spring-cleaning it and re-truing.

I thought I wasn't going to make any photos this weekend, just prints, but ended up using a tiny d%$# point-and-shoot, braced on my knee, from the front row of a concert, in order to help out neighbours with pictures of their violin playing nine year-old. A tiny sensor, 1/20 sec shutter and 400asa does not make for stunning quality pics. Moderately atmospheric though.

I'll be lying in bed hopped up on pain killers while i wait for my mouth to heal after having my wisdom teeth stripped of their knowledge.

Back