Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

It is a sunny Friday here in Penscaola, with a forecast of 70F for today's high temperature. I am planning to do some photography, just like all weekends. In the spirit of "fairness" to my cameras, I will use what I have not used last weekend. Most likely, I will use some MF camera this time.

What are your weekend plans?

I'll be wandering around outside, trying to keep from freezing and shooting landscapes with my Kodak 3A Folding Brownie (cir. 1908).

I feel for the "freezing crowd" here.
We drove to the beach yesterday, and I used my Canon P with the Summarit and 35mm/3.5 Summaron, plus a Canon FD 17mm lens on a Bessa L. Today still has possibilities...

It is always a pleasure to think about which lens to use on a given weekend.
I am inclined to use a MF camera, but we shall see!

What are your weekend plans? Don't tell me you have none.

I have 12 exposures left on my first roll of Ektar 100. I'm going to finish it, get it developed and then scan it to check it out. A friend gave me a roll of ADOX 50 that I may shoot just to try it out and compare it to the PANF 50 I usually shoot. I have 3 rolls of TRI-X that I want to develop if I can get around to it.

I have one day out with the family this weekend and will probably take the rf and a 35 with a couple of rolls of someting. Adox 25 if it's bright 100 if it's not and either portra or ektar for a roll of colour.

Otherwise a dslr and a 50.

Mike

I ended up using the Bessa L with the Canon FD 17mm 4.0 today. It was a super gorgeous day at the beach.

Grapevine Camera Show (near Dallas TX), so it was a day of GAS for me. I only bought inexpensive items/gadgets. No serious damage to my budget:

Time-O-Lite darkroom timer
Several Flashbulbs (including a couple of "press" bulbs)
2 Kodak yellow-green filters for RF
A giant Kodak Wratten 23A filter
A "Frankenstein" push on yellow filter for my Summarit
A set of Walz Summarit color correction filters
Couple of darkroom tongs
Several 3 1/2 x 5 film holders and ground glass (for making pinhole camera)

Today, I used the Bessa L with the Canon 7.5mm fisheye lens. I tried to minimize distortion as much as possible.

Do you have any weekend photography plans? The cold front should be over by now in Canada and the USA. We will have great weather in Pensacola this weekend.

A Nikon 20mm/3.5 AI on a Nikon FE and a K1 ring for some wide angle close up shots... I'll post some as soon as I get a chance to develop the roll.

Well, I ended up doing some grip and grin type shots at the new church we are attending. I opted for an SLR for the flash. My Kiev must need the vinagar treatment or something. It'sflash sunc isn't working well. Oh well.

Last edited:
Back