What are the worst words in photography?

"We're sorry but your exposed film was damaged during processing. Enclosed is a fresh role of unexposed film. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I'm sorry...............

I'm sorry...............

I'm sorry, but how do you spell that last name again? (At the processors counter)

"We're sorry but your exposed film was damaged during processing. Enclosed is a fresh role of unexposed film. We apologize for any inconvenience."
Love that one. I had a lab scratch my negs and cut some frames in half. and They would only fess up to the cutting improperly. The line went right through the neg farther than the negs were shot and it somehow came from my camera. Got a free roll of film after wasting 60 bucks on their crap.

Most hated words....hmm...."Wanna come to my photo show" from someone who just got into shooting within 1 year.

"which DSRL do you use?"
"how many megapixels and zoomrange has your camera?"

"ah, a photo from the old days of analogue"
"that looks like film!"

Sorry Dave I'll have to do a return on the Zunow 50mm F1.1. It's definitely NOT minty. Using my microscope I found a hairline coating scratch 1 mm long and 10 microns wide about 2 mm from the edge of the front element.

"It's not our fault that your slides have been damaged, we subcontracted them out to a really good processing company" (THIS IS TRUE AND HAPPENED TO ME!)

I'd much rather just enjoy a place, not photograph it. They sell a lot of postcards there - and I'm pretty sure you can buy slides if that's what you want.

From a good friend of mine: "I have a Nikon F3, but I don't use it. I just got a Holga though, it's awesome!"

Hobby.....
That word is horrible!

also "Not sure if you can make it, there are alot of photographers out there"

...ah, really? there are also alot of people out there, there are alot of buildings out there, there are alot of cars out there.n:bang:

Back