What are the worst words in photography?

"Oh! It does colour as well?"

Heard today after showing someone some black and white pics taken on the Gakkenflex and then showing him some colour ones.

"Total shutter failure"

Last wedding, using 1D MK II:

Before - camera's shooting great at the hotel
During - camera stops dead, chimping the last frame shows black bars
After - from the tech at Canon - "total shutter failure"
Cost - more than I could get another body for

"Will you photograph my wedding?"

Depends what does the bride look like and is she willing to do 8-10 hours of nude modeling. If so I might think about it :)

Will cut the 8-10 hrs down to 4 if the brides maids are also good looking and willing to pose with the bride.

"Oh, you shot that on film...." -Disapproving wife

"What would Edward Weston shoot if he was alive today?" (my guess is photographs)

"Nice capture"

"How can you say your an artist, you take pictures?"

"If it's not an optical print, it's not a photograph"

Hmmm

Hmmm

The best quote I've heard :

I had my camera with all my gears in a Starbuck, taking a coffee break. When I did my order, the coffee-guy ask me if I were a photographer. And we began to discuss about jobs and stuff...

He told me he did a degree in photography.

"Oh great, are you a freelancer?" I've asked.

"Oh.. No.. No... I've never worked as a pro..." He replied...

"Ok, why?"

"Ah, I did not want to begin in small gigs, doing small stuff. I wanted to go throught the big door, you know?" he answer, with an empty smile...

At this very moment, we considered each other and I think he also understood that he was working in a Starbucks... :bang:

I don't have anything against working in a Starbucks, but I don't thing that it's a career, thought.

The best quote I've heard :

I had my camera with all my gears in a Starbuck, taking a coffee break. When I did my order, the coffee-guy ask me if I were a photographer. And we began to discuss about jobs and stuff...

He told me he did a degree in photography.

"Oh great, are you a freelancer?" I've asked.

"Oh.. No.. No... I've never worked as a pro..." He replied...

"Ok, why?"

"Ah, I did not want to begin in small gigs, doing small stuff. I wanted to go throught the big door, you know?" he answer, with an empty smile...

At this very moment, we considered each other and I think he also understood that he was working in a Starbucks... :bang:

I don't have anything against working in a Starbucks, but I don't thing that it's a career, thought.

Well, I can understand his point of view... why ruin the thing you love by working in **** photo jobs? I went to school for photography and never worked a day as a photographer. That said, he needs to step up his game and get a better job. I some how found my way into option exchange surveillance with my degree, so he should be able to get something better than starbucks.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I just got this new .... camera with 18 megapixels.
Could you give me a few pointers on how I to use it?"
Or "we no longer process C41 or E6. ". Thanks, Chromatics....

[re: capture] okay as a verb, but as a noun, I hate it. whoever came up with that usage the connote a photograph should be banished from making photographs!

Haha I agree. I can just hear it now... some guy with a nasal voice saying "Great capture!"
:bang:

okay as a verb, but as a noun, I hate it. whoever came up with that usage the connote a photograph should be banished from making photographs!

No question about it ...this one really stinks!
Where did we get the idea to use a verb as a noun here?
Like watching a tennis match, and seeing nice volleys, and when one guy wins on a shot from overhead, making a noise while he follows through, croud yells, "great grunt, man!!!"

Back