Myanmar
Iraqi Kurdistan
Pakistan
Shanghai
Tajikistan and maybe Afghanistan
Osaka/Kobe/Nagasaki/Kyoto
Korea

Where are you headed?

Probably local. I am going to Cuba next Wednesday for 2 weeks but that is only a one hour flight. I hope to make a 2 week road trip through southern Alabama and end up in the Mississippi delta region. That will be an auto / tent camping trip as I just love the people you meet in campgrounds when solo.

All is open for after the spring. Probably back to Cuba again but the rest is subject to my whims of that time.

finish my RTW trip. whats still left is USA, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil. havent decided yet, but perhaps train across Europe at end of trip instead of fly over to North-East corner (Finland).

I envy you people. My wife's health won't allow us to travel. My work trips tend to be short and business filled. Little to no time for photography. I can't even find time for local photos as a rule. sigh.

my bride and i are mulling this right now. another grandchild is due in july, which will account for some vacation time.
new mexico again?
michigan and canada?
maine?
mexico (relatives in puebla)?
a week in NYC would be nice, with lots of museum time. we have relatives in tribeca ...

Last edited:
Overseas: Cairo (Egypt) and Germany[South]/Italy [North] for 2011, if it is meant to be.

Last edited:
A friend of mine and I had planned a trip to Glasgow, Scotland to see Celtic v Rangers, but I have business to attend to in Finland at the same time. Which means we have to postspone the trip until the automnm, when the Scotish football league starts again. The trip to Finland is one of many business trips I have to take in my work. I will regularly do trips to Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Tallinn through the year. Plus visiting a exhibition in Birmingham, England and one in Paris, France later this year.

But my wife and I are going to Singapore Malaysia in March/April. We have booked tickets leaving Oslo the 25th of March. We stay a few days in Singapore before flying on to Tioman Island in Malaysia; our favourite island in the sun. We are fly back to Singapore a few days before Easter and then on to Oslo the 23. of April. We also do some long weekends, often with guests, at our summer house in western Sweden, a two hours drive from Oslo.

a week in NYC would be nice, with lots of museum time. we have relatives in tribeca ...

paul: let us know if you decide to come so we can plan the monthly NYC RFF meet-up during the course of your trip :)

As for me, I went to Cuba and Colombia last year so I have to look at the budget for 2012 and it may be a bit tight. Im hoping to make it down to Argentina though, and a trip to Texas to visit some good friends (and eat BBQ) is definitely in order as well.

I wish I could travel more (basically all the time), but such is life :)

Last edited:
oh ho, Andre, if you require actual barbecue, then any place south but tejas. texicans (and i was born texican) overcook brisket and call it barbecue. it ain't barbecue; pork is barbecue ... :)

Portugal in April for my wife and me. After that, probably part of the Northeast US ( Mass./Vermont and possibly the Finger Lakes region ). And I always make it back to Pittsburgh ( my old home ) at least once a year.

I'd love to go back to northern Italy in the Fall if finances allow it ( but they most likely won't ).

We're planning an RV trip from San Francisco to Seattle in the spring. Going to cruise up the coast, visit a few national parks, try and find some snow, and visit friends and family. Hope to do some island hopping in the summer and visit family on Kauai and the Big Island.

Safe travels.

Jakarta for 2 days in 2 days.
Western Australia in 2 weeks.
London in 4 weeks.
Chiang Mai (Thailand) in March
France in August
HK/Macau in October or November

And probably a lot of other business trips (China, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Central America, etc...) and a leisure trip to Laos and/or Korea in between.

First two weeks of March in southern Sweden (start and end in Gothenburg), probably with a stop in Copenhagen.

Back