What are your 2011 Travel Plans?

oh ho, Andre, if you require actual barbecue, then any place south but tejas. texicans (and i was born texican) overcook brisket and call it barbecue. it ain't barbecue; pork is barbecue ... :)

I have to admit that I love that overcooked brisket! However, I also LOVE pork bbq and have had some very nice examples in the south along with Kansas City.

Travel would involve tearing myself away from work which I'm not good at.

This will be my 10th year at the company. Aside from a quick trip to Vancouver and another to Portland - fast overnight ones - I haven't really traveled at all. Terrible. I'm in Seattle and haven't even made it to the coast.

I really need to change this pattern this year as my wife is really into travel and I've been the one who has a hard time taking a few days off and going somewhere.

Hi Bob

Hi Bob

Just curious, are you still going through that photo/medical program, or do you go direct now?

The folks I know from the west coast either opt for one of those programs, or go through Mexico without any programs.

Probably local. I am going to Cuba next Wednesday for 2 weeks but that is only a one hour flight. I hope to make a 2 week road trip through southern Alabama and end up in the Mississippi delta region. That will be an auto / tent camping trip as I just love the people you meet in campgrounds when solo.

All is open for after the spring. Probably back to Cuba again but the rest is subject to my whims of that time.

My travel list for 2011:

Bagan
Borobodur
Kharkorum

I'm hoping I hit at least 2 out of the 3 this year.

Eugene,

You don't need to go on holiday, do you? You already live in Bergen!

True that! Love Bergen and filling my flickr/blog with shots of it more or less constantly for the last 5 years.

And the travel is indeed not for holiday: friends get married in the UK, gotta get to a mine in South Africa for business, and perhaps a conference in Nuremberg.

Just curious, are you still going through that photo/medical program, or do you go direct now?

The folks I know from the west coast either opt for one of those programs, or go through Mexico without any programs.

I fly direct from Miami to Habana with a US travel visa to visit relatives in Cuba. My wife could accompany me if she had any interest but that is not her thing.

For my part, I'll be in Los Angeles, Hollywood, for the next week. This is really not vacation, however! But... It's not that bad! The job I do is not that boring :)

This will give me a different breath of the freezing cold I have in Montreal, right now!

No travel this year. After nearly 3 years of lonely roaming. It's time to find a GF ;)

That said I will spend 2011 in Colorado and my beloved Pacific NW USA and SW British Columbia. :)

Great thread.

For me:

Istanbul, Egypt and Petra for three weeks in April.
Bhutan for two weeks in October.

Also hope to do a long weekend in Sydney or Melbourne, and maybe some time in Singapore.

Rangefinders all the way for these trips. New M9, along with trusted M7 will come along. Maymiya 7, too. Might have to buckle and take a SLR for longer reach in Bhutan...

f16sunshine: great post. I thought about spending this year closer to home and finding a nice girl to spend time with. But, I get antsy if I don't get on a plane every month or two...and you never know who you'll meet while traveling.

I am supposed to be headed to:

- Sydney in April and maybe February
- Yosemite in August
- India (Delhi) Novemberish
- Amsterdam and/or Paris sometime during the year

I didnt travel at all last year so the plans/hopes for this year were a big part of my Christmas gift (M8). Plan is to use the M8 with the Zeiss 35 till my birthday in July and then pick another lens for Yosemite. Hopefully by then I will know what focal length to get. Can't wait to get going with the travel!

Cheers,

KD

Istanbul in Feb for my birthday :)
In the summer train to Berlin and a couple of other places I fancy Poland,,,,to be decided.

Starting in May:

28 day tour through the Middle East
  • Cairo
  • Syria
  • Jordan
  • Turkey

3 months travelling Europe:
  • Poland
  • Czech Republic
  • Austria
  • Hungary
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • France
  • Spain

7 day tour through Morocco

12 days in Boston, USA

15 day tour through Peru

12 days in Alaska, USA

Back to Australia in November.

It's going to be some trip.

I'm a devoted film shooter but can't see the practicality of dragging my film gear and stock for 5 months.
I'm considering buying the upcoming Fuji X100 for the trip or a Sony Nex 5 which would go well with my Leica lens.

Bangkok at the end of the month (sent Michael a PM), possibly Tibet later in the year. Moab Ut in May and a trip to the Sonoran desert.

I don't enjoy it when there are too many trips in a year.
Two good trips will do for me.
One month in Cairo and a couple of weeks in Europe. That's it.

Back