What happened to Ned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're reading this Ned, thanks for the photos, it was inspirational and a reminder to always try to lift your game.. I wish you all the best.

Cheers,

I liked Ned's photos too (quite a lot!). I also read some of his posts and scratched my head, too.

I think the "The Golden Rule" is the one true wisdom that applies most universally. We all have opinions and will occasionally disagree, but common respect and courtesy will always carry the day. If that respectfulness erodes, so does everything else. I think I observed some of that, or at least that was the appearance. Unfortunate because Ned is a talented photographer and I sure enjoyed his images.

It always makes me "sad" when I observe a breakdown of the golden rule. And its just not that common to encounter. :( My experience here at RFF is a lot of opinionated folks, but also a lot of respect. Thanks everyone! :)

One who wasn't grey sheep here. I'm not talking about his photos, give no crap for them.

Ned has his own site ...If you Miss him, here ya go:
http://www.nenadbojic.com/

though looking at his site it somehow Lacks a Real Magic that his 'street photography' had here

I do think here on RFF it can bring out the BEST in a Photographers Photo
not always someones Tongue :p ;)

Thanks for the link.

Wow is his work good. I did not know much about Ned and whatever issues there were, but his work does shade pretty much anything here in that genre with a couple of exceptions (Airfrogusmc being one)

you really have to have met Ned in person to understand that he is none of those things.

I don't doubt it. He is a successful wedding photographer, which requires, if not diplomacy, a lot of just good old charm.

But online forums are simply not a place to run a rigorous critique, if one wants that experience, go to Yale grad school.

Interpreting the world through one's work is one thing, learning how to communicate what you're doing visually, written or verbally, is another.

Ned is a great photographer IMO but he ruffles feathers needlessly occasionally with his 'straight speak!'

Personally on line personalities don't bother me too much, because often they don't represent the reality of the poster's true character.

Ned is a very good street photographer.

He has a lot of friends here so it would be cool if he made amends and returned back.

Ned moved on folks, he is out making photos instead of being distracted by online forum commentary. Pretty smart move really.

His way of communicating was arrogant, boorish, and way over the top with self-importance.

Oh, I always thought he was a little tongue in cheek, but much more important: he was not boring.

And many of the photographs he posted were great art, IMHO.

A loss for RFF that he's left.

I see little old ladies cursing like sailors when someone cuts them off on the highway.

Sometimes it's me seeing red when another driver follows close.

Homo Sapiens are complex :)

The seemingly nicest people erupt into irational diatribe with buzz words like "Hilary Clinton" "Donald Trump".

There's a great Radiolab which just came out: 87% of women have vividly imagined killing somebody. ;)

Anyway, nice to see some folks sticking up for Ned. :)

As a long time lurker, I consider Ned's departure to be a far greater loss to the photographic community than whatever offense his clear and honest communication style may have caused. I would be thrilled to have half his talent and commitment.

Cheers,

J

Based on what was said earlier in the thread, it does seem a shame when anyone feels they have to limit their expressions, thoughts and creativity. I don't know the context to this current situation though. By and large, I've found the RFF a welcoming and helpful community of photographers. I'd hope that all feel welcome here. Unlike some other forums I could name, the conversations and interaction here are cordial and respectful.

Ned moved on folks, he is out making photos instead of being distracted by online forum commentary. Pretty smart move really.

Because we all know that you need to be out photographing 24/7 instead of wasting a few minutes on a forum. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back