What have you just BOUGHT?

later this week, I should be receiving a beat-up but workable 35-70/2.8 AF-D autofocus lens. I've read good things about this lens with the only nitpick being the focal length range. I'm okay with that.
The 35-70 is quite good, I used one for many years. Acquired another about a year ago. Many of the Nikkor AFs from that generation were solidly built and have a great feel, even with manual focus.

I bought two more Kodak 210-250 filter adapters, a small job lot of Kodak 250 drop-in filters comprising Portrait, Yellow 4, Yellow 15, Red 25 and Green 11. I don't need the Yellow 4 as I'd just got one with one of the filter adapters, and I knew it wasn't strong enough for my taste and I don't need the Portrait filter. I'd been a bit too fussy with the Green as there was a mark on the front and the seller sent me another one as a replacement for free - I did later try to pay by buying an item from them that I don't need and telling them not to send it but they cancelled the sale. I decided to keep both Green 11's as one was very slightly lighter and had a tiny hint of Yellowness to it. So now I need an Orange and a UV or Skylight filter, and 3 more filter adapters. Even though I've got a tiny 21mm push on Yellow/Green it is fiddly to get on and off without getting my fingerprints on the glass so I'll be looking for a Kodak 250 drop-in version, but that would mean getting yet another filter adapter/holder.

Dear nikon sam,

It's good to know you endorse Paul Barden. I plan on boxing up 3 Retina IIIc's to send to him to make one really good one next week. They all sort of work, but not perfectly.

When I get a good one back, he'll get a couple of IIa's to work with.

And then I will be done with collecting Retina's because I'm no kid and I'll be all set!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)
Hey Tim...

An update on the Retina IIa...I ran a test roll through it and developed the film the other day.
Glad to report everything looks good...images were super sharp and exposure was good from what I can see.
I think you'll be happy with Paul's work, I am...

Sam

A nice-looking Nikon F60, for old times' sake. Yes, I know, it's supposed to be one of Nikon's worst AF bodies, but I used to have one long ago and it made some of the best images. That and three rolls of Velvia 100.

I just ordered a second Leica 'Barnack' Grip from MetroCase. Using a Arca-Swiss compatible grip on an LTM Leica is certainly an anachronism, but it works really well, both as a grip and as a tripod quick release adaptor.

I tried to do a bit of wet printing today and found my paper developers were no good.
I ordered some developer and more powder fixer for future use from Freestyle...

A classic! All that is missing is exposure lock, other than that the RTS is the perfect SLR.
Arrived today, all working, always nice to see a clean viewfinder in an old SLR. :) No scratches or dings or paint loss.

Will give it a general cleaning and a reskin and new seals although I’m not sure that’s absolutely necessary, but might as well. Shooting a roll with light leaks will cost more than the camera did. 😝

5B58537B-5100-44F8-B79A-B32A161A49D8.jpeg

Back