What have you just BOUGHT?

Got my new to me Agfa Karat IV in hand. Very nice shape & joy of joys, it takes 32mm push on accessories. My yellow filter and hood that I have for my 6x4.5 Super Ikonta work with it.

L1007550.JPG

(y)

When I got a Leica M 240 via a very unexpected inheritance, literally the first thing I did was buy a Luigi case on Eprey for it. I'd had his work in the past and it was so worth every penny :D
I own a number of his cases and straps for my LTM Leicas, M3 and M-E and now this one for my Contax.

It's expensive, but you get what you pay for every time! :)

I went for this one in 'aged leather'
LuigiContax.jpg

I bought this on a flyer having no idea if it worked or not. I figured for the money it was worth a shot. It needed some cleaning and a new battery but it appears to work. The meter matches known good meters at different ISO speeds, the shutter fires on all speeds, and the lens stops down properly.

It's loaded with film so time will tell.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

IMG_20230222_224633_HDR (1) by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

I bought a B+W 31mm push-on lens hood to go onto the front of my Kodak 210-250 push on filter adapters/holders. I'd ordered it before the shutter on my Altix III stopped working - the tension lever seems stuck half-way and the shutter button won't push down (unsurprisingly). The problem seemed to start when the shutter button became sluggish in coming up after being pressed and then it stopped.

I ordered some paper developer and when I tried using it I found it was outdated and no good...(two bottles, same batch)
Called the supplier, they will issue a credit and then I will order a different brand/type and try yet again to print some negs shot with my newly serviced Retina IIa.
Hoping to set up darkroom sometime next week...

I bought several hundred feet of HP5+, rodinal and alternative brand HC110 and now wondering how many years it will take for me to use it all.

Appropriately, my new used lens came on my birthday today. A very sweet present to myself, a manual focus Nikkor 50mm ƒ/2 AI lens. I love 50mm lenses, especially old Nikkors. Had to take it out and try it this morning while I was doing up a couple of burgers for lunch.

View attachment 4816952

I like how it renders the out of focus parts of the picture.

Which battery are you using?
Hello,

I tried an alkaline PX625 and a 675-hearing aid battery in an adapter. Both matched the meter on my Canon 1DX with a 50mm f1.8 lens at different ISO speeds close enough for me. By close enough, if the Canon said 1/8 sec at f1.8 at ISO 100 and the Pentax said 1/4 sec at f1.8 I figured with film the meter is usable as is. I repeated the process at ISO 200 and 400 with similar close but not perfectly matching results. I also tried it against a Nikon FTN and Nikkormat FTN and got similar close but not exactly matching results.

In the end I fitted the camera with an alkaline PX625 because I had a new one, and it physically fit better than the adapter 675 battery, as it was a very tight fit. I just started shooting with the camera, and the meter seems to indicate reasonably accurate results judging by eyesight and sunny f16 with ISO 100 film loaded in it.

I'm only a couple of shots into a 36 exp roll so it will be a while until I'm confident that everything works fine. But I feel good about it!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

52709867432_b51a29dff9_b.jpg

Pentax 6x7 MLU with TTL prism and 105mm f2.4. Camera and finder are mint not even a mark on the bottom of the body, the lens is more of a user but glass is good. Think the prism is overexposing by about 2 stops and will be starting a test roll momentarily.

45/4 bouncing around the USPS trying to be delivered.

Shawn

52709867432_b51a29dff9_b.jpg

Pentax 6x7 MLU with TTL prism and 105mm f2.4. Camera and finder are mint not even a mark on the bottom of the body, the lens is more of a user but glass is good. Think the prism is overexposing by about 2 stops and will be starting a test roll momentarily.

45/4 bouncing around the USPS trying to be delivered.

Shawn
Nice! I'm fighting the urge to put together a Mamiya M645 1000s setup. 55, 80 & 150 ...

Back