What have you just BOUGHT?

CZJ DDR Flektogon 20mm f/4 for my 1.7 crop Sigma SD9

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Haven't opened it yet - shaky hands ...

Sigma 2/35 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L. During the past 17 months, I've mostly used the SL2S with manual focus lenses, with the exception of the Canon EF L 2.8/24-70 + adaptor, which I consider a failed experiment as this body+lens combination is just too heavy to handle. The Sigma 35mm is my first AF L-mount lens for this camera.

Sigma 2/35 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L. During the past 17 months, I've mostly used the SL2S with manual focus lenses, with the exception of the Canon EF L 2.8/24-70 + adaptor, which I consider a failed experiment as this body+lens combination is just too heavy to handle. The Sigma 35mm is my first AF L-mount lens for this camera.
Nice, the Sigma DG DN lenses are very good. The 'i' series are very retro and compact, the Arts are much larger but very strong optics. If the SL2s AF is anything like the S1R you should be impressed. The Panasonic nails eye focus very reliably even with the 85 1.4 wide open.

Be careful, the Sigma's multiply. Especially when looking at what the lenses are equivalent to when changing aspect ratios. The 17mm in 1:1 is basically the same FOV as the SWC, in 65:24 it is the Xpan FOV with the 30mm. The 24mm in 65:24 is almost the Xpan FOV with the 45mm and a 50mm in 65:24 is the Xpan with the 90mm.

A 100mm f/2.8 Zenzanon for my Bronica S2A and EC. I'm finding that focal length just perfect for interacting with strangers; I get close enough to interact, but not so close as to invade someone's space. And the S2A is the perfect camera for interacting with strangers, since everyone falls in love with the way it looks. I'm turning to the Bronica more often than the Hassy, lately!

DSC07319 (2).JPG
A grip extension for all my Sony cameras. Got a gift card from my son from B&H so thought this would be a good thing to have. Didn't over pay for a new one, but they had an 'Excellent' one and frankly, I can't tell that it's ever been used, except for the box being opened. I'm happy with how it changes the camera feel. Perfect for my needs.

Mamiya 645 metered Prism viewfinder for TL series. Still thinking about if I should buy the left hand grip with built in shutter release.

Dear Board,

A new 7wt fly rod and hot mess of bass and bluegill flies.

One weird old hobby is not enough. ;)

Look out fish!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)
Good Tim M also just got a new 7wt but it's 6pc, a true 'travel fly rod'. Have always built my own rods from blanks but couldn't find a blank 6-pc 9' so bit the stick and bought one 'Echo'. When casting it feels more like a 6 but too close to make diff. While photography and fly-fishing I think are twin sports as we know lol.

Last edited:
Lucky you, indeed, with eBay as the Great Equalizer, very few things are 'severely underpriced' anywhere in the world. Cheers, OtL

This is true, not sure who is pricing their stuff at the store, but I'm hoping whoever it is continues to be employed for a long time. :)

At the price I paid the store must have paid almost nothing to whomever traded it.

- A second Magnus tripod for use in Canada and Europe - I left the first one in Vietnam;
- Sigma 2.8/28-70 DG DN Contemporary lens for use with the Leica SL2S + a pricey UV filter;
- A few cards.

And that's all folks!

According to my wife, I have too many cameras, and she is right, but and its a big but, I like have cameras around. Anyway, way back in 1980 I was hoping for an SLR for Christmas, on the big day I was hoping for an Olympus OM10, however I was still happy to receive a Pentax MV, (at the time this represented a big layout for my parents who were not rich by a long way). Today I still have a soft spot for the OM10, so despite having too many cameras to shoot with I have pulled the trigger on a Black OM10 and I find myself nostalgic and excited in equal measures.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (44).jpg
    s-l1600 (44).jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 4
Back