What have you just BOUGHT?

A Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 is on the way. Also an E34->E39 step up ring. ;)
The Summaron-M 28/5.6 arrived a day earlier than expected. I don't have time to go for a shooting session today, but I made a couple of quickie test snaps with it around my office and living room. And all I can say is:

WOW!

This lens has exactly the rendering characteristics that I had hoped for! It produces beautiful photographs of even the most mundane stuff. I can't wait to go for a walk with it. :D

I've got another crazy day tomorrow to deal with, but I hope to carry it to the luncheon I'm booked for. What an amazing, teensy little lens!

G

I would like a MS aporia 24 in M mount. It's expensive enough with out the lacquer shtick.
You'll like it. I have one of those too... Bought it four or five years ago, if I remember correctly.

A Tough Day - Santa Clara 2022

I find I like the MS Aporia 24mm for shooting color mostly, whereas the 28 Summaron somehow seems best suited to B&W.
I'll know better when I get a bit more familiar with it.

G

Birthday present Zeiss 25-135 finder on my Contax, slightly smaller and better packaged than the kmz 28-135

Attachments

• IMG20240412132903.jpg
    IMG20240412132903.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 4
In the last few days I've bought a Nikon D7000 to replace my elderly D200, and a practical photography guide crafted 1902. To my amusement, it has Rodinal in its glossary!

I have, of course, now packed these holiday purchases so I can't show them off...

I don't know much about the Royal Enfield bikes, but I owned and rode most Moto Guzzi and Ducati motorcycles for most of my riding years. My last motorcycle was a Moto Guzzi V7 III Racer I bought new in 2017, outfitted with some minor "improvements", and rode for 6000+ miles before finally accepting that my riding days were over in 2021. (In truth, all my "improvements" were merely personal preferences as the bike was so good that I could have picked it up from the dealer here in CA and ridden it to NY the next day without a single thought of it having any problems.) I'd had Moto Guzzi 850T-3, a very customized 850T, and an absolutely splendid LeMans V before that one and put well over 100,000 miles on each of them.

My Racer mods included a pair of Agostini mufflers for a little more exhaust note, a small flyscreen to direct the wind blast better, an improved engine map to match the Agostini mufflers, and a set of upgraded wheels/tires. None of which were needed, but I liked them. :D

Racer with Kineo Wheels by Godfrey DiGiorgi, on Flickr

The modern Guzzis are stunningly reliable, very easy to maintain for anyone with minimal mechanicking experience, quick enough, and very durable with minimum effort. Love them! :D

But enough of the moto stuff. I was testing the 'new to me' CF Sonnar 180mm f/4 today. A lovely lens ...!

G
I found this via. A bit of a byway, but

Way back when, I was riding either a Yamaha shaft drive 750 (subsequently sold to a mate who ride it for miles and miles before swapping out for an fjr1300) or a GPZ900 and I was offered a Guzzi 1100 Sport Injection for a silly price by the UK importer. The bike was a perfect fit for me at 185cms - they are quite long - and I didn’t buy it it. One I’ve always regretted at some level. The bike in question was that lovely bright yellow.

My wife owns, but hasn’t yet ridden, her deceased father’s old Velocette, so if she decides to ride perhaps I’ll dust off my leathers and pick up the Guzzi I never had…

A Panasonic Lumix L1 with the Leica 14-50 f/2.8 zoom lens. This is the original 4/3 mount, not micro 4/3. I owned one of these many years ago and I always regretted selling it, mostly because of that zoom lens. I found one on ebay in mint condition and it should be here Tuesday, just in time for an art festival I will be attending. Should be fun.

I don't think there are many 4/3 shooters here. I believe Godfrey still shoots a 4/3 Olympus E5, but I don't know if anyone else uses this system.

Last edited:
A Panasonic Lumix L1 with the Leica 14-50 f/2.8 zoom lens. This is the original 4/3 mount, not micro 4/3. I owned one of these many years ago and I always regretted selling it, mostly because of that zoom lens. I found one on ebay in mint condition and it should be here Tuesday, just in time for an art festival I will be attending. Should be fun.

I don't think there are many 4/3 shooters here. I believe Godfrey still shoots a 4/3 Olympus E5, but I don't know if anyone else uses this system.

Nice score! The Lumix L1 is a cool camera!

All the best,
Mike

A beautiful machine! I love Moto Guzzis ... Only had a couple of brief rides on the Sport 1100, courtesy of a couple of friends. Mine were a 1000cc LeMans Mark V, a highly customized-for-me 850T, and a thoroughly fettled V7 III Racer. The Racer was my last motorcycle: I loved it but I knew that my riding days were over after a few thousand miles of riding it. Sigh.

G

“A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
A time to lose; A time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
A time of war, and a time of peace.”

― Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

After success with using a DSLR rig for 35mm I got the Valoi kit for my medium format negatives. I'm still waiting for the copy stand to arrive.IMG_0037.jpeg

Back