What's your favorite Nikon RF camera?

What's your favorite Nikon RF camera?

• Total voters
I vote for the SP. Although I wish when the released the 2005 version, they could have updated it, say with a built in meter and new rangefinder.

Enjoy

I bought my filthy SP six years ago for AU$450 (about US$350 at the time), repaired the bent frame selector,serviced the body and cleaned it thoroughly, and it now is my favorite Nikon RF,and with a stunning 2/50 black and silver Nikkor. I use it with a 2/85 and 3.5/135 Nikkors, and at a motor racing meeting a few years back I fitted it with a black 2.8/35 Jupiter.That excellent but rotten lens put a radial scratch in the pristine front plate of my SP, and never sat on the camera again. Two weeks ago I finally bought a 2.5/35 Nikkor which I hope will be my regular 35. I also have two S2's, black dial and chrome dial,and an S that I fitted with new curtains. A very tedious job on these cameras. Charles.

I voted for the SP since it's the one I own. I wouldn't mind having a S3 or S2 (black!), but I really don't need another camera. I got mine when the salesman talked me out of buying a used M3. Never had any regrets.

Today I own a S2 and a S3. The S3 definately feels more "modern" but my vote goes for the S2 since at least when I compare my two cameras it is much easier to focus the S2!
/jon

Thinking about a Nikon RF for years (being into Leica), the SP was really my only desire - and a black one of course - to go along with my BP M4 as the 'best of the best'.

Well, got the SP 2500 kit and a nice Zeiss Tessar for something 'classic' in look, and then split an S3 kit to keep the 50 millinium lens. But the past week found a nice S2 BD with a 2/50 Nikkor and now I feel 'complete' :)

Both are different, and both have a style their own, a good couple in contrast - I'm a happy Nikon RF camper :D

Attachments

• _EPS1493.jpg
    _EPS1493.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
As i suppose win S2.

As i suppose win S2.

As i suppose win, in this moment, S2.
Is a great shooter, i have had many S2, need no cla, need no particular attention.
When i buy a blooked one, only a liitle of oil and shutter become new.
I prefear S2 BD is the most beauty S2, S2 black have a particular fashion but is very expensive.
Guys,don' forget to make a visit on classified, i'm selling my,duplicate, Nikon S2 BD outfit....big price i suppose:D .

Last edited:
My vote for the S2 because it was the S2 which turned Nippon Kogaku ahead of the Contax IIa, technically and in sales-

Kiu, I can't, in good faith, vote on this issue, because I am unworthy. You see, I have ever owned only 2 Nikons, an S and SP. Worse than that, I am not a "nikon loyalist", having wantonly used 21mm and 35 mm lenses made for the Contax on my sacred Nikon cameras.

That said, I much prefer the SP to the S

dexdog said:
Kiu, I can't, in good faith, vote on this issue, because I am unworthy. You see, I have ever owned only 2 Nikons, an S and SP. Worse than that, I am not a "nikon loyalist", having wantonly used 21mm and 35 mm lenses made for the Contax on my sacred Nikon cameras.

That said, I much prefer the SP to the S

You better Vote Dexdog, or I am going to ask joe to make this thread a sticky.

Or even worse, I may flood all the forums with polls :eek:

You don't want that to happen, do you? :angel:

Kiu

NIKON KIU said:
You better Vote Dexdog, or I am going to ask joe to make this thread a sticky.

Or even worse, I may flood all the forums with polls :eek:

You don't want that to happen, do you? :angel:

Kiu

Kiu, are you implying that the (Nikon) terrorists will win if I do not vote?

css9450 said:
That poll is too rich for my blood! Where's the garden variety chrome S2 or S3?
Right there next to the black S2 and black S3....
The poll only allows 12 choices.

Kiu

Back