Which film leica to use with 28mm

Pro tip as a longtime Fuji X-Pro shooter: there is some minor "shutter" lag with all mirrorless cameras as the aperture stops down, even when using Fujifilm X-Pro cameras in OVF mode. You can mitigate this by keeping the shutter button held down at half-press before firing. This stops down the aperture and for all intents and purposes gets rid of "shutter" lag.

This has nothing to do with EVF lag, but it may help head off any frustration you have regardless.

Also be aware that there are now two 18mm Fujifilm lenses now for the X series: a compact ƒ/2 for street shooting and a larger ƒ/1.4 that's maximized for bokeh, sharpness and autofocus speed. I've heard both are great, but with the ƒ/1.4 you'd probably have to deal with finder blockage while the ƒ/2 will have some distortion and lower corner sharpness.
The thread title was "

"Which film leica to use with 28mm...."​

so how does the fuji info apply?

View attachment 4829549
In the end, most people like the idea of shooting film better than the reality. I develop some film for other people, but don’t use much myself anymore, so I sympathise.

Very true. I have a Nikon F4 with the exposed but unprocessed film and the unopened chemicals sitting on a shelf to show my deflated enthusiasm. I keep those to remind myself whenever the "film bug" bites me. It helps me recall how it bit me on the ass the last time.

Very true. I have a Nikon F4 with the exposed but unprocessed film and the unopened chemicals sitting on a shelf to show my deflated enthusiasm. I keep those to remind myself whenever the "film bug" bites me. It helps me recall how it bit me on the ass the last time.
Give it a go. Unprocessed film is sad. Show us what you get 👍🏻

Back on the initial question I like using my 28 mm Biogon with an old battered Leitz accessory finder on my M4. As I'm mostly scale focussing with 28 I don't feel I'm loosing much by not seeing the focus-patch. And I'm through more than three dozen rolls of film this year, color and and b+w. All developed and sleeved, some of the b+w still waiting to be digitized. Film makes me happy, digital is better period but I got so bored from it I nearly stopped taking pictures.

Back on the initial question I like using my 28 mm Biogon with an old battered Leitz accessory finder on my M4. As I'm mostly scale focussing with 28 I don't feel I'm loosing much by not seeing the focus-patch. And I'm through more than three dozen rolls of film this year, color and and b+w. All developed and sleeved, some of the b+w still waiting to be digitized. Film makes me happy, digital is better period but I got so bored from it I nearly stopped taking pictures.

I use my 28 biogon like that but I love going for a long run with my TTArtisan 5.6/28 on my MDa with an accessory finder. Really nice little rig to carry in a bumbag (Fanny pack for the Americans amongst us!)

Scale focus is fine for that useage - really f8 and be there.

Back