Which PEN F to buy?

...W.r.t FT metering I like to see the f# by glancing rather than having to invert the camera with the aperture ring inverted. It works for me and quickly too. ...
No need to invert the camera to view the aperture scale on the bottom of the lens... push the aperture ring forward a bit to unlock and rotate it 180° so that the scale on the underside is now on the upper side. ;)

I wasn't clear obviously. What I meant is this: if you have the aperture ring with the LM scale uppermost and you choose to operate this way, it's inconvenient to pre-visualise the resultant picture by scale numbers. Far better to think in terms of f stops. Imagine using a RF with a LM scale in place of f numbers. Yes I know you can do dof preview on the Pen Fx, but some of us like to pre-visualise, mainly because we use a RF as well and that's how we've trained ourselves.

As a user (as opposed to a collector), stay away from the Pen F. The best model is the Pen FV if you can do without a built-in meter ... or, as a close second, the Pen FT if you cannot.

Back