Will you buy Nikon's upcoming EVIL camera?

Will you buy Nikon's upcoming EVIL camera?

• Never!

Votes: 128 43.2%
  • There's a small possibility I might.

Votes: 113 38.2%
  • Probably.

Votes: 38 12.8%
  • Absolutely without a doubt!

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters
I will buy only if it is the same chip size as my M8 or full frame!!!!

this small chip stuff does not help any of us with large lens collections!!!!

Yuck... I'm convinced APS-C is the smallest sensor I'd ever want to use. Let's hope the small sensor info is some sort of decoy.

igi, I hope that happens. I don't like SLRs, but you cannot deny that Nikon pro cameras are the pinnacle of digital FF IQ (among a few others). Plus, all of those cheap, but good Nikon lenses out there... I'm ready.

Just want to say no

Just want to say no

No. No. No. No.

(Need 10 characters and hence type enough to pass the minimum limit to say my No.)

This sounds like such a horrible idea, especially the smallish sensor.
For our times, this is just as bad as that first Barnack camera, with its tiny 24x36mm image size.
Nope, not interested at all, sight unseen.

How do you know about the sensor size? I haven't found a statement about the size in my reading. Can you point me to the source? Thanks.

There is no source. This is pure speculation. With a rumor site, you don't need a source. You just create your own digital wet dream and put it up there as fact.

I am done with buying new digital cameras, especially Nikon as much as I love Nikons and have used them for 40 years. If a new camera cannot DO something the others cannot, then absolutely NOT! I am tired of losing money on their newest and greatest.

The original poll is about 9 months old and the Nikon Rumor's post is as old. I'm still not sure if Nikon is going to release an m43 format or not. I've learned to take rumors as a grain of salt long ago. I Recall NR claimed that the D700's replacement would be out by Jan. 2010.

Seems like we're all going to know in March if NR is to be believed. Of course there are also as many subsequent rumors about a Nikon digital rangefinder this year as well. (I recall hearing thatrumor yeaers ago, but the DRF would be linked to a medium format sensor!)

Only if it will matrix meter Non-AI lenses. Without having to stop down.

What?

The original poll is about 9 months old and the Nikon Rumor's post is as old. I'm still not sure if Nikon is going to release an m43 format or not. I've learned to take rumors as a grain of salt long ago. I Recall NR claimed that the D700's replacement would be out by Jan. 2010.

Remember that Nikon Rumours and similar sites aren't about cameras, they are about talking about cameras, with the emphasis on talking.

Back