Would you travel with the Leica Digilux 2?

I do not have any fast wide angle lens for my M 4/3. I could use the (not that great) Olympus 24-42.5 zoom. The LC1 has 28-90. I could use on the E-PL1 the Rokkor 28/2.8 or the CV 21/4.

The Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 is an excellent native lens for m4/3. Very tiny and very fast focusing with either the GX1 or E-P5. It's my go-to lens for shooting indoors. Gives the equivalent of 28mm field of view. I will have it with me in June in Amsterdam and Dublin.

I may need such a lens myself one day soon, but I already have so many lenses for the M system.

Got Another One!

Got Another One!

Yep, I bought another LC-1. I couldn't resist!

I would go on a vacation with the LC-1 and use it for where it is best to be used. Mainly daylight. Maybe with a tripod and remote release or use the timer for night cityscape shots. But, for anything else, the Lumix LX-7.

I mentioned the Polaroid 420. I took it again to a softball tournament my daughter played in. The girls were amazed that a print could appear so quickly. Most parents remembered using a Polaroid back in the day.

My kit when I go to Montana for 10 days will be the LC-1, Leica M7 with CV 35/2.5, one of my Fujifilm 120 cameras, and the LX-7. Maybe the Coolpix A. But I would pick my camera for the situation and not carry everything at the same time.

Most likely, it would be the LC-1 and the M7 together. Have the other's in my truck when I feel the need for them.

And don't forget the Polaroid. Too much fun shooting with it.

Have fun is the key I think. Don't over think it or over do it.

I agree with you. Have fun and enjoy it all.
Two years ago, I took with me to our Europe trip:
Hasselblad SWC
Leica M9 with Summilux 35/1.4, plus the hardly used Heliar 50/3.5 and CV 25/4.
I hardly used the SWC.

Last summer, I took with me:
Leica M9 with Summilux 35/2
E-P2 with Zeiss 45/2 M. I used both cameras a lot. The M9 crashed towards the end of the trip.

Upcoming trip: [I just about decided]
M9 and E-PL1 as my two cameras. The E-PL1 is very light and compact.
Lenses: in order of importance
Leica 35/1.4 Lux
Zeiss 45/2 Planar (in M mount) or Takumar 50/1.4 (in M mount)
Zeiss 85/1.4 for the E-PL1 only
In case the M9 crashes again ... maybe having the tiny CV 25/4 would be good on the E=PL1 as my standard lens.

It is a great set of lenses. Most of the time, the 35mm is on the M9, while the Zeiss 45/2 is on the E=PL1. The Zeiss Palnar 85mm/1.4 is to grab some great portraits. DAG fixed this lens, and it "deserves" to be celebrated.

I agree with you. Have fun and enjoy it all.
Two years ago, I took with me to our Europe trip:
Hasselblad SWC
Leica M9 with Summilux 35/1.4, plus the hardly used Heliar 50/3.5 and CV 25/4.
I hardly used the SWC.

Last summer, I took with me:
Leica M9 with Summilux 35/2
E-P2 with Zeiss 45/2 M. I used both cameras a lot. The M9 crashed towards the end of the trip.

Upcoming trip: [I just about decided]
Leica 35/1.4 Lux
Zeiss 45/2 Planar (in M mount) or Takumar 50/1.4 (in M mount)
Zeiss 85/1.4 for the E-PL1 only
In case the M9 crashes again ... maybe having the tiny CV 25/4 would be good on the E=PL1 as my standard lens.

It is a great set of lenses. Most of the time, the 35mm is on the M9, while the Zeiss 45/2 is on the E=PL1. The Zeiss Palnar 85mm/1.4 is to grab some great portraits. DAG fixed this lens, and it "deserves" to be celebrated.

Sounds like a great kit, Raid. Have you used the CV 25 on the E-PL1? When I tried my CV 28/3.5 on the E-PL1, I received an error message saying the camera did not "recognize" the lens.

After much hemming and hawing, I've just about decided my kit for our trip in June to Stockholm, Amsterdam, and Dublin:
IIIc + Summitar 50/2.0 and Canon 35/2.0, and lots of TMax 400.
E-P5 + Pany 14/2.5, Oly 17/2.8, and possibly Oly 25/1.8.

I just tried it out; the CV 25/4 works very well with the E-PL1. The colors are beautiful and the images are very sharp overall. Using the 8X magnifier in the E-PL1 make it easy to focus.

Why not? I took my Nikon Df (since sold) along with my Leica X Vario (same idea, slow lens, compact, great images) and really regretted bringing the Nikon except during a New Years party in very low light, but the XV was fine even there in Black and White.

I am going to Korea in three weeks and am trying to decide what to bring. Bringing just the X Vario is an appealing option, as is bringing just the X 113, or just the M-E with 35 and 50mm lenses. Heck, if it wasn't for my wife demanding color pictures I'd just take the M Monochrom and 50 cron and call it a day.

I decided the replace the modern Planar 45/2 with the vintage Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5.

Leica 35/1.4 Lux
Zeiss Sonnar 5cm/1.5
Zeiss 85/1.4 for the E-PL1 only or Nikkor 105/2.5 ltm.
CV 25/4

I just tried it out; the CV 25/4 works very well with the E-PL1. The colors are beautiful and the images are very sharp overall. Using the 8X magnifier in the E-PL1 make it easy to focus.

That's great! I have no idea why the E-PL1 would not work with my CV 28/3.5.

Tomorrow, I will dust off and clean the lenses that I will take along on the trip/ I need adapters ltm/M 4/3 and M/M 4.3 and Rollei QBM/M 4/3. Battery chargers for Leica M9 and for Olympus E-PL1, spare Batteries and memory cards.

Back