XPan Street Photography

...vertical photography with this camera are a challenge but the Xpan is pure
cinematic love. (just recent sold the 90mm lens for this camera, I can't live without the 30mm and 45mm)

tumblr_nkr9uxmrAQ1r1rytko1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkr9vtXYSk1r1rytko1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkr9w5wSu71r1rytko1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkr9vc5W791r1rytko1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkr9u3wPsc1r1rytko1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkr9tnP7Tt1r1rytko1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkr9t5CZ431r1rytko1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkr9ug4nra1r1rytko1_540.jpg

Sweet Frank. Love the light and shadows in the basketball game and the vertical is very nice indeed. Great series.

Wow, I really like all the images posted here. Something about this camera just brings out the best, perhaps.

I'd love to get the 30mm for this camera but it's very expensive (small wonder, since it's got to project a wide angle medium-format view in a 35mm body) but I do have the 90mm in addition to the 45mm - curious to give that a try.

temple_bicycle_apug.jpg
1024) {this.width=1024;this.alt='Click here to see a large version';}" onmouseover="if(this.alt) this.style.cursor='pointer';" onclick="if(this.alt) window.open('http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/2/3/1/7/5/temple_bicycle_apug.jpg');" border="0"> 1024) {this.width=1024;this.alt='Click here to see a large version';}" onmouseover="if(this.alt) this.style.cursor='pointer';" onclick="if(this.alt) window.open('http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/2/3/1/7/5/temple_bicycle_apug.jpg');" border="0">

horses2.jpg
1024) {this.width=1024;this.alt='Click here to see a large version';}" onmouseover="if(this.alt) this.style.cursor='pointer';" onclick="if(this.alt) window.open('http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/2/3/1/7/5/horses2.jpg');" border="0"> 1024) {this.width=1024;this.alt='Click here to see a large version';}" onmouseover="if(this.alt) this.style.cursor='pointer';" onclick="if(this.alt) window.open('http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/2/3/1/7/5/horses2.jpg');" border="0">

A few others on my website colincorneau.com under "Galleries" and either China or Nepal.
I had the 30mm/5.6 and 90mm/4.0 for my XPAN and found that I used the 45mm/4.0 probably 90% of the time. The 30mm and 90mm ended up being traded in to help finance my Leica M240. I do long for the 30mm from time to time, though. I think that I will replace it some day, if I can find a nice used copy.

Your images are just great, Colin. They have made me realize that I need to get my XPAN out and use her more often, which I'm going to do. Thanks for showcasing the XPAN camera's capabilities!! ;)

45mm / with center filter TX rated at 250 in HC110 B

Attachments

• Hutch 1.jpg
    Hutch 1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Philadelphia 1.jpg
    Philadelphia 1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
I had the 30mm/5.6 and 90mm/4.0 for my XPAN and found that I used the 45mm/4.0 probably 90% of the time. The 30mm and 90mm ended up being traded in to help finance my Leica M240. I do long for the 30mm from time to time, though. I think that I will replace it some day, if I can find a nice used copy.

Your images are just great, Colin. They have made me realize that I need to get my XPAN out and use her more often, which I'm going to do. Thanks for showcasing the XPAN camera's capabilities!! ;)

this, that 45mm in panoramic mode is such a versatile FL IMO

but if you want something wider than the 45mm and not willing to fork more than 400-500 then maybe consider a Nikkor PC 35mm 2.8 for the Xpan ;)

seriously regretting selling my Xpan now, might have to get another one ASAP.. damn this thread :bang:

with the PC 35mm
xpan515 by earl.dieta, on Flickr

xpan013 by earl.dieta, on Flickr

I hate this thread. It's giving me bad GAS and I can't afford it. All the pictures are wonderful. Nice work guys. Now, torture me some more :)

I was invited to Hasselblad for a factory tour late summer of 2000. At the end of the day I asked them about the Xpan system and the lenses. The story I remember best was that the 30mm f5.6 was based on the Zeiss 38mm Biogon design...and that the 45mm would almost cover 4x5. I have found both
these lines to be incredibly sharp wide-open.

Nice to see a 'portrait' photograph from this camera, great stuff Frank.

Newsgrunt, the kissing couple shot is a cracking capture, its as if its a staged still from a movie.

Thankfully when I checked prices earlier I discovered they were out of my current price bracket. Though for someone coming back more and more to film for their hobby photography its still a possibility in the not so distant future.

I dread to think how much RFF has cost me over the years!

Back