Your favorite visual cliché

Local time
7:41 PM
I'm torn. For me, it is either a single red rose lying on the keys of a grand piano, a small green plant sprouting from a mound of soil cupped in a person's two hands, or a sports car as seen between the legs of a woman wearing high heels and fishnet stockings. Yours?

Do you mean ironically a cliché that is too obvious to have any real significance as photograph, or a cliché that can be well treated and considered interesting and beautiful as visual narrative /art?

Cheers,

Juan

Interesting question, mabelsound. I'll have to think about it. I recognize visual cliches, but I've not been in the habit of cataloguing them.

Pregnant belly with a heart made with mother's/father's fingers. Good god. That and anything post-processed to look like friggin' expired polaroid to be "edgy".

Pregnant belly with a heart made with mother's/father's fingers.

+1

Reflections in car wing mirrors.

Yes, but there have been a few actual good ones...
Erwitt.jpg

Groups of people walking into strong backlight with the shadows of their legs fanning out towards the bottom of the frame, usually shot with 28mm or wider ...

... oh yes, and clever compositions with road markings!

Bride in black and white with digital red rose.

Ha, just got home from seeing some. Wife and I spent the day taking pictures at a 1 bar town, there is a cafe[sort of] attached to the bar. In the sort of cafe is a collection of those digi black and whites with imposed red roses etc -
I hate em!
There were the usual red roses in brides hand, butterflies etc and, and
BEER CANS!! I cannot get the picture out of my head of a bride in a white dress, beer in hand , followed by a burp.

A Leica sitting next to a cup of coffee. If possible, it should be at a sidewalk cafe in France; though this is not a requirement to qualify for cliche status.

People siting or standing at train platforms with a train in a blur of motion flashing past in the background!

Back