Your favorite visual cliché

You mean like this ?

750889240_aJvJ7-L-1.jpg

:)

Was that you on 101 the other day ?

How on earth do make a heart-shape bokeh? You'd need an hearted aperture... with a 12 1/2 blades (out of which 3 are crooked) diaphragm...

Anything that may make you think that women are bodies before being individuals...

By cutting out the heart shape aperture on the hood smaller than max aperture. Place in front lens, close focus, shoot wide open. :p

Top overused image, hands down: Clock faces. Maybe not quite so dead in English-speaking countries but in German the idiomatic (and itself clichéd) expression for "time is running out" is "it's 5 minutes before 12" and I must have seen that shot literally hundreds of times.

My personal "enough already!!!" subject: close-up of your place setting in a restaurant. Inevitably accompanied by gushing remarks about the bokeh of the lens. C'mon folks, that's nice for practicing your close focus and handheld skills. But don't share it here. Boring!

I think I'll box up all my cameras and go hide my head. You guys, collectively, don't like anything.

Did anybody mention cemetaries?

I was thinking the same ... I guess somebody already mentioned churches, churches, and not to be forgotten: churches ?

Stefan.

- Street carnivals or block parties with a prominent stilt walker.
- Monuments and playing with perspective - i.e. the Washington monument as an aroused phallic endeavor, with a person laying down in foreground.
- Girls with beads in New Orleans
- Terry Richardson type over flashed snapshot, hipster kids being zany.

It's either "highly detailed portrait of an old man/woman with bad skin" or "meticulously documented large-format photograph of nothing in particular"

Footprints in the sand is another...

Last edited:
Back