Your ten best photos

The Dirty Dozen

The Dirty Dozen

Here's my Dirty Dozen. I'd like to join this project before (ehm ... better late than never) but, first I'm lazy and then it's very difficult for me to judge my own photos. I think I'll change it quite often.
Anyway, Colin and Dave thanks for this is good idea, hope other RFF fellows will join the bunch.
Ciao.

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
Mikael.N
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii

Please feel free to add your gallery link to this list. If you use the Quote button, please remove the QUOTE tags (but not any of the rest - like this text). After clicking on a photo (in another gallery) you can click an "Edit" button underneath, which lets you *copy* or *move* it to another gallery.

Remember your Top Ten gallery may contain 12 photos!

Last edited:
RFF galleries in Orange, flickr in RoyalBlue

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii

Please feel free to add your gallery link to this list. If you use the Quote button, please remove the QUOTE tags (but not any of the rest - like this text). After clicking on a photo (in another gallery) you can click an "Edit" button underneath, which lets you *copy* or *move* it to another gallery.

Remember your Top Ten gallery may contain 12 photos! :)

Instructions for creating a nice gallery link in one's signature
* OK, first you highlight the web address of your gallery and copy it (ctrl or cmd C)
* Then, you click on User CP at the top of the RFF webpage. Then on Edit Signature.
* Now you type e.g. My 12 Best Images or My Top Ten Images and highlight what you just typed.
* Now click on the Insert Link button at the top of the text editor window and paste (using ctrl or cmd V) when it asks for the web address.
* Lastly, while the text is still highlighted, I like to add some colour to show that it's a web link. Above and to the left of the Insert Link icon is a letter A with a bar underneath it. Click on the little triangle to its right and select e.g. Orange .
* Click on the Save Signature button and celebrate.

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii

* OK, first you highlight the web address of your gallery and copy it (ctrl or cmd C)
* Then, you click on User CP at the top of the RFF webpage. Then on Edit Signature.
* Now you type e.g. My 12 Best Images or My Top Ten Images and highlight what you just typed.
* Now click on the Insert Link button at the top of the text editor window and paste (using ctrl or cmd V) when it asks for the web address.
* Lastly, while the text is still highlighted, I like to add some colour to show that it's a web link. Above and to the left of the Insert Link icon is a letter A with a bar underneath it. Click on the little triangle to its right and select e.g. Orange .

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii
monochromejrnl

Last edited:
Just a bump to keep this in the Active Threads. We now have 30 brave members of the Top Ten club. Thanks to you all - I've enjoyed looking at all the photos.

I can understand the problem of choosing just 12 photos out of hundreds or thousands - I just had the problem myself of which ONE picture to kick out to make space in the Top Ten gallery. It's now in the My Other Best Photos gallery :)

You could try simply choosing 12 good photos (they don't have to be the "best"). If every single one of your photos is exactly as good as all the others then just take a random sample to give people an idea of what you do.

colin

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
monochromejrnl
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii

RFF galleries in Orange, flickr in RoyalBlue Pbase in Sea Green

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
monochromejrnl
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii
Silva Lining

HI,
Here are my favourite 12 RF photos. I hope you will excuse me if these are not quite high flyers, but I have bought my first RF camera in the middle of May and am still learning to use the tool of the trade...
Take care everybody.
Marek

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
monochromejrnl
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii
Silva Lining
mfogiel

mfogiel said:
I hope you will excuse me if these are not quite high flyers, but I have bought my first RF camera in the middle of May and am still learning to use the tool of the trade...

I'd say you've more or less got the hang of it. :)

The more wonderful photos I see here, the more I realise what a good idea, umm, this is. :)

Silva Lining, Sea Green is a very tasteful complement.

colin

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
monochromejrnl
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii
Silva Lining
mfogiel

Please feel free to add your gallery link to this list. If you use the Quote button, please remove the QUOTE tags (but not any of the rest - like this text).

Instructions for copying or moving a photo which has already been uploaded, to your Top Ten gallery
Go into the Gallery and into 'My Photos' and find the photo you want to have your Top 10 album. Open that photo, and click on 'Edit Photo' (below the photo) and then on either 'Change Category' or 'Copy Image To' depending on whether you want it to be moved or duplicated to your Top 10.

Last edited:

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
Magus
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
monochromejrnl
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii
Silva Lining
mfogiel
ClaremontPhoto

Please feel free to add your gallery link to this list. If you use the Quote button, please remove the QUOTE tags (but not any of the rest - like this text).

Instructions for copying or moving a photo which has already been uploaded, to your Top Ten gallery
Go into the Gallery and into 'My Photos' and find the photo you want to have your Top 10 album. Open that photo, and click on 'Edit Photo' (below the photo) and then on either 'Change Category' or 'Copy Image To' depending on whether you want it to be moved or duplicated to your Top 10.

This is just a bump, list update, and appeal to more people to create their very own Top Ten gallery :)

To those in the list, how's it going? More views/comments than usual? Do you update your gallery, when a better shot comes along?

colin

RFF galleries in Orange, flickr in RoyalBlue Pbase in SeaGreen

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
monochromejrnl
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii
Silva Lining
mfogiel
ClaremontPhoto

Ok

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
monochromejrnl
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii
Silva Lining
mfogiel
ClaremontPhoto
yarinkel

Colin,

I change one photo once in a while in my Top12 gallery. It is refreshing to bring back some older images that may have not been viewed by many people and also to introduce new images selectively. As long as we keep our Top12 galleries highly selective within out choices, the result will be far better than before. Now it is possible to view someone's gallery "as a whole" in a few minutes and then to make a comment to that person about the collective work. Maybe we would benefit from having a place where we can make such a collective statement in a gallery and not just comment on each image. What do you think?

Ok

350D_user
ballfresno
ChrisN
colinh
dingadingdang
dlridings
DMR
ErikFive
Fausto
ferider
FrankS
Gid
jl-lb.ms
markinlondon
mfunnell
Mikael.N
monochromejrnl
Monz Ahmed
Nico
OurManInTangier
peterc
PetarDima
raid
shadowfox
Sirius
Sparrow
SteveM(PA)
the_jim
Todd.Hanz
wlewisiii
Silva Lining
mfogiel
ClaremontPhoto
yarinkel

wlewisiii said:
I have gotten one comment since this began. :)

Would that be my comment on your still life?

See, you wouldn't have got that without the Top Ten gallery. So that's an ummm, 1/0 ummm, infinite improvement. (Actually undefined but, you know, tending towards infinite :) )

And I really like it (the stii life) too.

colin

Back