Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 Distagon T* ZM photos

Gorgeous stuff, Michael. Almost makes me want to go back to 35mm rangefinders. But, when i saw the price of this lens, i 'remembered' i prefer SLRs.... Wish there were an SLR lens that performed like this.

Great eye, great photography, and thank you for executing them ON FILM.

Thanks a lot Dexter, I appreciate that comment.

Hi Huss, sorry but I don't think I have ever used Ektar film so I can't compare it.

A couple of more photos from India.

26525172162_0d30a35d6f_h.jpg
[/url]Jodhpur, India by

Jodhpur, India by

Jodhpur, India by

cheers, michael

This film reminds me of Kodachrome (RIP.)

$15 for a 5 pack? I may inquire if you'd be willing to source some of this film. :)

Great work, Michael!
A wonderful combo of the lens, the film of choice, the place and most importantly, skill.

Thanks a lot guys for the comments and the feedback, I had a lot of fun on my last trip to India.

Hey splitimageview, that is an interesting idea ;)

I am going through all of my photos from that trip and I am trying to find the ones that I am absolute sure that were shot with my Zeiss (sort of scraping the bottom of the barrel).

I saw this boy walk by me and we made eye contact and I just knew that I had to take a photo of his eyes.
26074048263_63f4ca9600_b.jpg
[/url]Jaipur, India by

Jaipur, India by

cheers, michael

I just went through some of my photos and I found a couple of more that were shot with the Zeiss. They really stand out compared to the photos that I shot with my Leica 28mm Elmarit which I used for the majority of my photos on my trip.

This guy helped me out so much and was very nice to me that I had to take his photo before we parted ways.
26072995244_a2d23abb38_b.jpg
[/url]Jodhpur, India by

Jodhpur, India by

Jaipur, India by

This "self portrait" was taken during my first hour in India, it was my first time back there since 2005 and I was so excited to be back that I started shooting as soon as I got off the plane. I still have my backpack on and I think you can see my Domke camera bag hanging off of my shoulder and my Sekonic 358 light meter attached to my belt.
Jaipur, India by

cheers, michael

Ok, please explain what is being done to that man's face!

I think he is getting the second treatment of a shave. I got shaved twice while I was there and I remember that they usually shave you twice in one sitting. I think that man is going through the second part of the shave treatment. I had my eyes closed both times so I am just speculating here, but I think that is what is happening. That big bottle that the barber is holding/spraying is just water.

cheers, michael

I used to have the ZM 35 Distagon The only thing that turned me off was the size - although if my results were anything like yours I'd had a harder time selling it! I absolutely love your images, will follow along on Flickr from now on for sure. If nothing else I will be trying some Kodak Pro 100 now for sure. Bravo!

I used to have the ZM 35 Distagon The only thing that turned me off was the size - although if my results were anything like yours I'd had a harder time selling it! I absolutely love your images, will follow along on Flickr from now on for sure. If nothing else I will be trying some Kodak Pro 100 now for sure. Bravo!

Thanks a lot jkjod, I hope you enjoy the Kodak Pro Image 100.

I wish I would of composed this shot better, actually there are lots of things that I wish would of done better with this shot, but I was so enamored by her "look" that I wasn't thinking clearly.
26679044385_17412be168_b.jpg
[/url]Jodhpur, India by

Jodhpur, India by

This guy was hanging out at my favorite "chai wallah" stand, I would go there at least 3 times a day to drink chai, hang out with the locals and of course take photos. At one point, I contemplated just following around the chai wallahs all day and take photos of them. For those who don't know, chai wallahs are people who walk around the street and sell cups of chai (tea) to the local people and shops.
Jodhpur, India by

cheers, michael

I think he is getting the second treatment of a shave. I got shaved twice while I was there and I remember that they usually shave you twice in one sitting. I think that man is going through the second part of the shave treatment. I had my eyes closed both times so I am just speculating here, but I think that is what is happening. That big bottle that the barber is holding/spraying is just water.

cheers, michael

They shave the nose and the forehead??

I know this might sound strange to some of you guys, but "YES" they do. I just got back from a haircut an hour ago, and the barber ran a straight razor over my earlobes, temples and a little on my forehead. I just "go with it" and don't say anything when they do that.

cheers, michael

Hi Michael, absolutely lovely images! Really, really mind blowing the colors, details, composition. Will follow your job in flickr, and if you have a blog please share it!

Thanks a lot AlejandroI, I don't have a blog, a website or anything of that nature. I just usually post some of my photos up on Flickr and on this forum.

cheers, michael

Thanks, I just add you in flickr. Really impressive work. You are shooting an m6, and which other cameras? How do you do the light measuring, external lightmeter? Its really spot on.

Thanks!

Thanks, I just add you in flickr. Really impressive work. You are shooting an m6, and which other cameras? How do you do the light measuring, external lightmeter? Its really spot on.

Thanks!

Hello AlejandroI, I use an M6 TTL and an M6 TTL Millennium and sometimes an M3. I usually just use the meters in my cameras as a general guide and make small adjustments if I feel that the meter is giving me a false reading. When I go on photo trips, like my recent trip to India, I'll carry my Sekonic 358 meter with me, but generally speaking, I just use my built in meters and my judgement .

Cheers, michael

Back