Zeiss Contax Month - April

Taking my Contax IIa w/ me to the Yosemite Valley in early April... Hope to bring back a pic or too...

Yosemite ought to be amazing in April. Hope to see some great shots. Beautiful shot above. Is the river a little dry, or is it usually like that? Here are a few I took further upstream (I think) with my Ihagee folder.

Nice detail, beautiful shot. Really shows the potential of the Biogon. What is the actual description on the lens? Mine is "Carl Zeiss", not Opton, no "T".

My 35mm and 21mm are both also Carl Zeiss Biogon, not "Opton" and no "T". These count among my sharpest lenses, they are amazing (so are the 50mm Sonnars).

I was shooting with my Contax IIa again today at a street festival (so lucky to have limited Covid restrictions at the moment). I saw a lot of film cameras out and about: an M6, and many Nikon and Olympus SLRs. I didn't experience so much Contax love today as when I came to rewind my first film it shredded and ripped so that the rewind lever spun freely. No backup camera. Back at home I managed to remove the film on the Contax spool and transfer to a film canister, I hope it can still be developed by my local shop and the pics are rescued.

Here are some more from a couple of weeks ago.

Contax IIa, CZ Biogon 35mm / 2.8, Ilford FP4 125

Aro Valley Fair #1
by Hugh B, on Flickr

Aro Valley Fair #2
by Hugh B, on Flickr

Aro Valley Fair #3
by Hugh B, on Flickr

MC, Aro Valley Fair #5
by Hugh B, on Flickr

Nice images. Really photo-journalistic in character. You should check out Lyfe (Life) Group on Flickr. I started a thread here too: Classic Photojournalistic-Like Images

I think FP4 has that look (HP5 works also), especially with Sonnar based lenses (like the Biogon).

I had an issue with my Contax iia the first few rolls where it started tearing towards the end. I got a CLA in late 2018, and the problem has not returned. I am noticing after using it a solid 2+ years that frame spacing is not as uniform as I would like to see, so I need to watch it closely. It may just need an adjustment.

Great Grandfathers 38 Contax II, 135 Jupiter 11, Tri X, Filtered

http://
89277926-490-A-4-EC4-B555-817163-D68-DEF.jpg

Contax II - 5/1.5 Sonnar + Y2 filter
75th Anniversary of Bridging the Saar river - February 2020

BD200112.jpg

BD200122.jpg

Back