Fuji 690?

Igor at Igorcamera.com had one of the 680's, but not for long, I think he normally has a couple on the web site, I have several, love them. I personally like the 690 format. Well built cameras, great glass.

Regards, John

GW or GSW

GW or GSW

I thought about this for a very long time. I wanted wide angle, but 5.6 seemed slow.

When I began shooting a lot, I used almost only wide angle lenses, but later I went more into 50mm area and almost only 50mm. So 35mm on my Epson, 50mm on my Bessa, 75mm on my Mamiya.

So when I found some GW and GSW again the answer was simple. GW.

I am very glad about the choice, it might not be the best of landscapes, the GSW is probably better there, it is ideal as an all around camera, the way I use it.

You can find here some shots I uploaded on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gullevek/tags/fujigw690iii/

I thought about this for a very long time. I wanted wide angle, but 5.6 seemed slow.

When I began shooting a lot, I used almost only wide angle lenses, but later I went more into 50mm area and almost only 50mm. So 35mm on my Epson, 50mm on my Bessa, 75mm on my Mamiya.

So when I found some GW and GSW again the answer was simple. GW.

I am very glad about the choice, it might not be the best of landscapes, the GSW is probably better there, it is ideal as an all around camera, the way I use it.

You can find here some shots I uploaded on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gullevek/tags/fujigw690iii/

Hi, I think I'll buy a gw because already I own a Hassy 903swc (21/24 mm in 135 format) and I mostly use my contax g2 with 45 planar (althought I own a 15/21/28/35/45/90 lens set) and 65 mm on my rf645......like you I'm 40/50mm guy:D

Igor at Igorcamera.com had one of the 680's, but not for long, I think he normally has a couple on the web site, I have several, love them. I personally like the 690 format. Well built cameras, great glass.

Regards, John

thanks for your info!!!I'll check it!someone said that the gw lens are [email protected] do you think?did someone compared fuji with mamiya/zeiss/bronica MF lenses?How they perform? :D

thanks for your info!!!I'll check it!someone said that the gw lens are [email protected] do you think?

At f/11, they are tack sharp up to the corners. They are not designed as fast lenses. Indeed, barely anything (except for a few odd expensive ultra-fast 35mm lenses) is - all common lenses (the more so in medium and large format) need stopping down at least two stops for full performance.

Sevo

I've seen few on ebay but I've to say that these camera had seen a lot of use !!!sometimes they have the counter reset so I can't understander how many times they fired... so I would like to know how much can cost a CLA here in EUROPE !!!!I noticed that the hood had some problems???or not?

I've just seen on Ebay a fuji gw690III used from an english seller with 10 ,100% feedbacks!He bought it used in Japan 4 years ago and it's working fine but it has some usage marks.How much should I pay for this???

I cannot answer for you but I can answer for myself. If I owned a Bronica 645 rangefinder and a Hasselblad 903swc, I would have no need for a Fuji 6x9.

Conversely, I do own a Fuji 6x9 and a Fuji 6x7 and I have no need for a Bronica 645 rangefinder and/or a Hasselblad 903swc.

Sorry to interrupt,

Exactly how big are these cameras. I know Dante Stella has a shot holding one on his website, but I'm still having a difficult time getting a good sense of their size.

Pics holding one of these cameras, anyone?

Thanks,
Jack

Paolo, I don't have that many images done with this camera that I am showing, but If you go to the Intimate Landscapes part of my website, you can find 2 more, Hillock and Portage. I've already posted them on other threads so I can't post them here.

www.charlielemay.net

thanks for your info!!!I'll check it!someone said that the gw lens are [email protected] do you think?did someone compared fuji with mamiya/zeiss/bronica MF lenses?How they perform? :D

Don't know if it helps, will try to post a photo I shot, seems everything I posted here with the Fuji was on a cloudy day, I tended to use ISO 400 films, as the negatives were large enough to give a good print at least to 11x 14 and I liked the tonality of APX.

I might give him a call, he has much more than he lists.

John

U25450I1217758264.SEQ.0.jpg

Sorry to interrupt,

Exactly how big are these cameras. I know Dante Stella has a shot holding one on his website, but I'm still having a difficult time getting a good sense of their size.

Pics holding one of these cameras, anyone?

Thanks,
Jack

"Texas Leica" -- it surprisingly good in the hands, but I do not have a photo of one. Not too bad around the neck, the later models had a lot of polycarbonate, plus I think them rather ergonomic, and certainly more portable than the Pentax. Well made, strong, cameras. I have several, but mostly would grab the GSW III.

Regards, John

I picked up my GW690II up for 3,000 yen a few months ago. I planned to throw it away after I had shot the few rolls of 120/220 I had left after selling my Mamiya 6 kit. Instead I fell in love with it and will keep it forever.

Provia 100F:

Fuji 100:

Tri-X 400 Pushed to 1600:

Pro 160S:

Fortia SP:

TWok, Those are really some stunning images. I have been looking for a GSW690 III, why didn't you go for the super wide just out of curiosity ? I can't argue with your results though, very nice.

TWok, Those are really some stunning images. I have been looking for a GSW690 III, why didn't you go for the super wide just out of curiosity ? I can't argue with your results though, very nice.

I would love to have one with the 65/5.6 lens (28mm FoV), but I wasn't shopping for a camera, I just stumbled upon it at my local camera store. It was essentially $30. If I ever see a good deal on the GSW690 I will most definitely buy it. The 90/3.5 is very sharp from wide open on down.

One reason NOT to get the 65.....

One reason NOT to get the 65.....

I would love to have one with the 65/5.6 lens (28mm FoV), but I wasn't shopping for a camera, I just stumbled upon it at my local camera store. It was essentially $30. If I ever see a good deal on the GSW690 I will most definitely buy it. The 90/3.5 is very sharp from wide open on down.

The 65 may be good if you only want to make single shot wides. However, I use my MF cameras to scan and stitch. Two 6X9 images can be stitched to nearly simulate a 6X17 panorama.

It is advisable to use the "normal" focal length for this activity. That's why I sold my GSW690III. I only use the 100mm lens on a G690bl.

Two or three images from the 100mm (or the 90 I presume) are easier to stitch into a panorama than they were for the 65mm lens. I never used the 65 wide for a single image.

Just a thought to add another factor into your decision.

By the way, the selection for these cameras on US ebay just got better in the last two days. It changes constantly. These cameras are NOT in short supply. There is a 680 and a couple of 65mm variations. I look at this search a couple of times a week.

Fuji in Medium Format.

http://photography.shop.ebay.com/Medium-Format-/710/i.html?_nkw=fuji&_armrs=1&_dmd=1&_from=R2&_ipg=50&_pcats=15230%2C625&_sop=1

Very nice images Twok. Love the ocean vista. These 90's are wide angle just by virtue of the big format, although that's debateable.

Last edited:

Am pretty sure I can guarantee you a 100% markup if you want to move it now you have finished your left over film. ;-) Did you talk them down from $35?

John

Back