How old were you when you got your first Leica?

I think I was around 48 when I bought an M6TLL. I think I had bought a Bessa R2A a year before, and was really curious about a real Leica.

I was 35. Had a huge tax return that year.

When I saw the M8.2 on eBay, I jumped on it. And then instead of spending a few more thousand on a Summilux, I bought the Voigtlander MC 35mm f/1.4.

One camera, one lens, haven't looked back since.

Well... it was the best thing I ever did and I've never regretted it, although I had buyer's remorse for about 6 months.

I start using digital camera, but the release new models too often.
I want something to shoot for 50 years.
so I brought a M3.
Luckily i got them before, leica prices went up like crazy now.

I think 18 or 19 an M7 - had a love and hate relationship with that camera, the AE and exposuremeter really got in my way oh and the fist in the face red logo did not help one bit for stealth shooting...
Now I'm happy with 2 M3's and 1 M2 on its way, I've paid for all my gear myself not out of my parents pockets. I worked and saved...

Got my first, an M3, at 26 (30yrs old today). Now I'm addicted, and have since bought just about every lens, body combination I could find/afford.

M8.2
I wanted a good digital option to use with my ZI and ZM lenses. Red logo is nothing for me and if anybody will produce an adequate substitution, I'll change it without hesitation

First, Leica IIIa age 47, Why? These forums and following Tuna. I used a Yashica FX-103 for 18 years and then it died.

I was 21. I dropped by the local camera store one afternoon and there was an early M3 for sale. It was my first introduction to LEICA. I eventually scraped up enough money to purchase it and the collapsible Elmar. It went to LEICA NJ for a CLA; it took forever to get it back (probably eight weeks, though).

I bought a IIIf in the early 1960s and I was about 25 then. I sold it and got a Nikon F and used Nikons until 3 or 4 years ago when I got a M4 from Youxin. - Jim

Let's see.. I got my M6 in 2009. I'm 38 now, but I got it after my birthday which hasn't come yet this year, so that means I was 36.

aged 25 I bought my first Leica SLR - R5 paired with Summicron 2/50;
when I was 35 I decided to add my first rangefinder, a Leica M6 with Summilux 1,4/50

17. I'd been wanting to get one for two or three years though, but it had always been a pipe dream because of the price (Digital because film it dead, dammit! ;)). Didn't know any auction sites in Finland either, so it was going to have to be new.
Go TradeMe!

I will be 65 when I buy my first Leica. :D
Not that I couldn't afford one right now, but with the Zeiss Ikon, the urge is gone...

Back