W/NW : Motorcycles

and a Harley from America

two_wheels_to_hell_by_dudewithad700-d3cvnuv.jpg

Todd--that HD was revving 6200 RPM??!!
Totally amazing--were you having to duck due to pistons flying around? :)
Paul

Something I threw together 18 yrs ago for commuting.

Like the disk brakes.

Gary

There's a story.

I restored a '53 pan to original once and really liked riding it, but old bike brakes are very weak. All I remember was entering the highway ramp, and pulling the front brake to the bar... and keeping on down the ramp. The next thing I remember was the word "Altima" written in the center of a bumper. I cleared the car completely and landed atop my head. The bike simply deployed the side stand and waited for me to get back on, snickering I believe, like a mule. It was bent remarkably little and I did ride home.

Since that event, I've added (real) brakes to anything I wanted to keep for awhile.

- Charlie

I love the old iron above...

Love the Indians. I worked with a guy back in California that made fiberglass Indian fenders for Harleys. We did a custom paint job on the whole bike when we put on a set of those fenders. They looked great.

I like the Heinrich (?) tank on the G/S in the PD livery. Looks good :cool:

Did Harley actually make a horizontally opposed twin?
Could this instead be a Russian Ural?

It's definitely not a Ural! :D Harley made the boxer twin XA-750 for use in North Africa as it offers superior cooling over the v-twin. They didn't make many though, and probably shed a tear or two when the order came through :D

Big Ed

Big Ed

Big Ed of Big Ed's Motorcycle Shop. Bronica Sq. 50mm, TMY. I had Ed really get that cigarette going, but it wasn't puttin' off enough smoke. I had some smoke in a can, in my car (an old cinematographers trick), and presto, plenty of smoke to create the right mood. Thats Ed's custom chopper. circa 1990.

ADirtEd1062-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I started to build a street tracker Triumph, but so much had to be replaced - so little original parts could be used - that I sold the bits off.

Could do with a 'prettier' tank, but this one has all the right bits. Looks like it's used on road courses with the dual front brakes (& a fender!).

I like how they handled the front caliper mounts; most use the fender mount on the Betor fork as here, which is not that great. But, he built a 'floating' arm for it, which probably makes it work a lot better. Looks like a Trackmaster frame. Obviously, a dry clutch.

How much fun would that rig be?

- Charlie

Back