My Slides from the 90's

These two are superb. What time of day this second one? The closer focus makes it very dreamy. You must have wondered how that would work. A nice reward.

I just found a box of Cokin filters in a box. The last time I used them was a couple of years back. I got shots with a mirror image of the lens stating
" 8.2/ᖷ 07-42 ᖷƎ ИOИAƆ". This was my last try.
You could put them up on offer on Ebay. They seem to be fetching close to diamond prices these adays.

One of those inexplicable mysteries of the photo world.

Hold on to the polarizer/s (I have five of them) if you have one. Of all the Cokins, they were by far their best quality optics.

It makes me wish I had held on to my lot. I disposed of them in the '90s, gave them away to a camera club. They may well be mouldering away on a shelf in their community darkroom. I must go and check...

Last edited:
You could put them up on offer on Ebay. They seem to be fetching close to diamond prices these adays.

One of those inexplicable mysteries of the photo world.

Hold on to the polarizer/s (I have five of them) if you have one. Of all the Cokins, they were by far the best quality optics that company made.

It makes me wish I had held on to my lot. I disposed of them in the '90s, gave them away to a camera club. They may well be mouldering away on a shelf in their community darkroom. I must go and check...
Thank you for the hint. I have a lot of old crap gathering dust in my drawers. BTW, I did not realize what a jewel the old bowling ball Canon EF-L 85mm is. It adapts OK with the Sigma adapter and still has the fairy dust magic.

From a trip to Vrachati in July 1995 with my friends. It was the end of Sixth Form (Year 12) and having finished with our A-Level exams we decided that we all needed some holidays. My friend in the middle had a summer house a few minutes walk from the beach so we went to stay there for a long weekend. I am the daft looking guy on the left.
A few more pics from that trip are in posts #9 (Click) and post #16 (Click).

ScanImage917.jpg

ScanImage918.jpg

Agfa Scala 200 - I had the same experience with it as you did. I bought a five pack of it, many years ago. Used two. Found it was too much effort for too little return.

But then what do I know, I'm still using Kodak Panatomic I bought in 1991. Also I have some Ilford XP1 in my freezer. And a few bulk rolls of Kodak Plus-X. I should sell these and buy myself a holiday house with the proceeds.

All this to say old lessons die hard.

Scala was one of Ilford's less successful ventures into "experimental" films, I reckon.

Last edited:
Agfa Scala 200 - I had the same experience with it as you did. I bought a five pack of it, many years ago. Used two. Found it was too much effort for too little return.

But then what do I know, I'm still using Kodak Panatomic I bought in 1991. Also I have some Ilford XP1 in my freezer. And a few bulk rolls of Kodak Plus-X. I should sell these and buy myself a holiday house with the proceeds.

All this to say that old lessons die hard.

Scala was one of Ilford's less successful ventures into "experimental" films, I reckon.
Scala was a nice film capable of very nice results if treated correctly. This one below is one of the better ones in terms of tones. The rest are taken in summer and contrast was high. Overall i got quickly tired of the high contrast and switched back to Ektachrome.

ScanImage941.jpg

I quite like your shots on Scala. Foma still makes a b&w reversal film (including chemicals) that is not bad at all. The processing is a pain though (exact temperatures, exposure with a 100 Watts bulb, you name it).

They look great. It was hard to control. At EI125 with pulled first development it was a lot less contrasty.

Was that carp alive? It looks like it is in terrible shape.

Marty
No, the council was cleaning the lake and removing the excess vegetation. This fish was washed up to shallow water.

Back