Pentax 67 Gas!

New toy arrived and I am blaming all of you ;) Did not have time to shoot anything big yet so my kids had to do... Both of these are done with a 90mm and I also have a couple of rolls to develop shot with a 55mm... I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

1206-Dannika1.jpg

1206-Elise2.jpg

Pentax 67II
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 6x7 55mm F/3.5
Asahi Pentax 100mm Y48(Y2) SMC yellow filter
Takumar 6x7 55mm F/3.5 hood
Kirk BL-6x7II Arca L-plate

©2012 Chris Grossman

Show off! Grinning.
I want an L-plate. Do you like the Kirk? I have the same RRS head. Question: Would the L-bracket work with the earlier Pentax 6x7? Has anyone tried?

Wayne

Show off! Grinning.
I want an L-plate. Do you like the Kirk? I have the same RRS head. Question: Would the L-bracket work with the earlier Pentax 6x7? Has anyone tried?

Wayne

I works great with the older Pentax 6X7. You need to remove it to replace the battery.

Kirk has discontinued them, but they are still in stock at B&H and Adorama.

Pentax 6x7 with TTL Prism
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 6x7 300mm F/4
B+W 82mm 022 yellow filter
Henjar H-101 Arca plate
Really Right Stuff BH-55 Ball Head

The Henjar (krosno65 on eBay) H-101 Arca plate is the best one for long lenses since it allows you to balance the rig on the ball head. You can see here the balance point for the lens/camera combination is in front of the camera body. Since this plate projects out in front of the camera body it allows you to fasten it at the balance point for any lens.

©2012 Chris Grossman

Pentax 45mm lens

Pentax 45mm lens

I also posted these in the "White" thread. One of my favorite threads.
Technobabble: Pentax 6x7 MLU. 45mm/4.0 Super Takumar. Kodak Portra 160 VC. Epson Expression 1680 scanner. B&W conversions in PS4 with TLR Actions.

Midway, Texas. Abandoned service stations and/or general store.

"Shelby"

"Forrest"

"Jesus"

Wayne

Arena Cove, Mendocino County, California
Pentax 67ii, SMC Pentax 67 45mm F/4, Skylight 1B, Provia 400X, monopod, NCPS process & scan
51250003xl.jpg

©2012 Chris Grossman

Ice Plant with Distant Fog Bank, Mendocino County, California
Pentax 67ii, SMC Pentax 67 200mm f/4, Skylight 1B, Provia 100F, tripod, NCPS process & scan
51230009xl.jpg

©2012 Chris Grossman

Waterway. The Woodlands. Texas

Waterway. The Woodlands. Texas

Going on two years ago, a few friends & myself spent a great day in The Woodlands. One friend & I were using medium format cameras & film as we sometimes do on these "Film Walks".
Last night, for reasons known only to the inner workings of what's left of my brain, I finally finished a photo from that day.
The particulars: Handheld Pentax 6x7 | 150mm/2.8 SMC Takumar | Kodak Ektar 25, ASA 25 film | Epson Expression 1680 | Developed by Lightroom 3.6 | 2 frame composite by Microsoft ICE
Too bad digital can't do ASA 25.

Click this small view for a larger view.

Thanks for looking. C&C always appreciated.

Wayne

Gave into the GAS

Gave into the GAS

Been going back and forth between a 6x7 or a hassy 500 c/m...but i just had to have the 6x7!

Picked up a fairly mint 6x7 MLU with grip, an SMC 55/4 and a 105/2.5. Paid a little more than i wanted to for the body, but I couldn't get over how clean it was.

Can't wait to get them! :)

Been going back and forth between a 6x7 or a hassy 500 c/m...but i just had to have the 6x7!

Picked up a fairly mint 6x7 MLU with grip, an SMC 55/4 and a 105/2.5. Paid a little more than i wanted to for the body, but I couldn't get over how clean it was.

Can't wait to get them! :)

Congrates. You'll really appreciate the bigger negative.

Cal

I just got into Pentax 67 as well. First I got an old 6x7 body on the cheap, but after looking through the prism, I saw that I could not even focus with the 105/2,4 because it was horribly dim. The lens was yellow too - probably radioactive...
I have bought then the 67II body with metered prism, and this is much brighter, but the magnification is smaller, arrgh... I have the following question: has anybody compared the brightness of the plain non metered old and new Pentax 67 prism? Is the difference in brightness given by the focusing screen only, or is it also the old prism that eats away the light? I have bought a screen for Pentax 67II and I would like to fit it to my old one after removing the frame - apparently this can be done...

I just got into Pentax 67 as well. First I got an old 6x7 body on the cheap, but after looking through the prism, I saw that I could not even focus with the 105/2,4 because it was horribly dim. The lens was yellow too - probably radioactive...
I have bought then the 67II body with metered prism, and this is much brighter, but the magnification is smaller, arrgh... I have the following question: has anybody compared the brightness of the plain non metered old and new Pentax 67 prism? Is the difference in brightness given by the focusing screen only, or is it also the old prism that eats away the light? I have bought a screen for Pentax 67II and I would like to fit it to my old one after removing the frame - apparently this can be done...

You can remove the yellow by putting the lens in the sun. I sit my thorium lenses on the kitchen window sill where they can catch the light during the day. The standard focusing screen is usually adequate for the 105/2.4, but I have tried changing focusing screens from other cameras. Some adjustment may be required, and a special tool is required to remove the pin screws which hold in the focusing screen mounting plate. You can use a pair of tweezers with sharp points, the screws are usually not that tight.

I had the Pentax split image screen installed in my hold P6x7 MLU during the course of a CLA & repair of one of the mirror springs. MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! No clue if it is brighter, but the split image (like all of my other real SLRs) is the only way to fly with an SLR.

Wayne

Almost forgot about this thread. Here are a few recent scans from a trip I made to the Redwoods in California last year. Portra 400 might just be the perfect color film for this camera. Beautiful colors, almost no grain at this size, and helps with slower lenses like the 75mm f/4.5.

SMC Takumar 75mm f/4.5, T-Max 400

8022424858_c262d3afaa_b.jpg

105mm f/2.4, Kodak Portra 400

8022426028_3b989d173f_b.jpg

SMC Takumar 75mm f/4.5, Kodak Portra 400

8022423431_45a0f4699d_b.jpg

Back