100 pictures from the last two days in istanbul

Dutch press reports that Erdogan claims that the protests in Turkey and in Brazil are instigated by the same unnamed foreign nation.

How daft is that?

Incredible... now he claims there's an international conspiracy against Brazil and Turkey, is that so?! How ridiculous is that?? By taking that route, he'll soon start to blame the Illuminati, Freemasons, etc...

Simon, I loved the thread!! Please keep up informed but, above all, stay safe!

Alex

9134085863_8948bb4dd9_z.jpg

june 22, in the side streets between istiklal caddesi and tarlabaşı bulvarı, after police dispersed thousands of protesters bringing flowers taksim square. the next day, some turkish media stated police didn't use any teargas "this time".
this is what no teargas looks like.

also, tayyip thanked the police for their "heroic deeds". go figure.
here are some heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxsDm5tOg08

Great, understated concept and elegiac image. Yours, or whose?

Yes, exactly...

As expected police attacked once again to a peaceful meeting last night. They attacked to the people who were carrying only cloves. The meeting was for a memorial meeting.

In memory of those who lost their lives during the resistance. (Social media illustration)

2bzi3p.jpg

The link is updated...
http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com

Not my image. As I said it is commonly shared image on facebook and twitter these days.

By the way yesterday, the police who killed a young protestor with gun shot was released. The judge called "self defence" Probably he will get promoted too.

I hope you're OK Simon ... but yes, please give us an update, how much news coverage are you seeing there of the situation in Egypt?

i have been out of the country for two days, attending my gezi park protest "duo" exhibition (the other photographer is a friend of mine) in varna, bulgaria.
while we were opening the exhibtion, news came in from istanbul of new, rather violent clashes. i have a general idea, but i am not too well informed about what happened during my absence. some of what i saw in any case, is just plain ridiculous (individual akp supporters chasing and attacking protesters with huge knives, etc.)
it is calm right now, but there might be more where that came from.

on a side note, i can confirm that there must be a genuine interest in documentary photography in varna, as 7 of our 25 pictures were stolen the night after the opening. ;)

The question should actually be "Are you still in Turkey?". To which, I'm pretty sure, the answer is "yes".

Stay safe Simon.

The question should actually be "Are you still in Turkey?". To which, I'm pretty sure, the answer is "yes".

Stay safe Simon.

No, this is not what I meant. He was in Turkey, then he left the country. Is he now back in Turkey?

Back