A7 images, any lens

@ Maui last year, with an A7R and THE SAME lens Robert used to start this thread (and having the same fun with it as I was :D)

p953265940-4.jpg

p1035806263-4.jpg

p958515875-4.jpg

Touché, Keith. Back at you with the ZM 35 2.8 now in your hands:

med_U45148I1427665378.SEQ.3.jpg

med_U45148I1427665377.SEQ.2.jpg

From a series on roadside memorials in Oregon

rhl-oregon, what adapter are you using for that Contax G 45/2? That's an all-time favorite of mine; it would be nice to get to use it again. I see that there are AF adapters out there now, but people seem to be having problems with them, especially on the 45...

I'm using the Metabones, Robert, and I like having that big twist action. Not fast, but I'm not fast either. The magnified view permits consistent f2 results. (I also have a Metabones G for Fuji, which gives me exceptional 42/2.8 and 135/2.8 options.)

Just be sure the lens is properly locked in when mounted. It's always a long fall for glass when hard surfaces are involved at the other end.

I'm using the Metabones, Robert, and I like having that big twist action. Not fast, but I'm not fast either. The magnified view permits consistent f2 results. (I also have a Metabones G for Fuji, which gives me exceptional 42/2.8 and 135/2.8 options.)

Just be sure the lens is properly locked in when mounted. It's always a long fall for glass when hard surfaces are involved at the other end.

Thank you!

nice pics, uhoh7.

I've had two A7's and I'm now on an A7S, which is wonderful. Being free from worrying about light levels is liberating.
Right now I've only got a 50/1.4 and 20/2.8 AIS adapted to it.

DSC04598%257E2.jpg

I have been looking at Jupiter 12 stuff, it looks like it would be a fun, cheap, compact lens for the A7(S). Thoughts?

I have been looking at Jupiter 12 stuff, it looks like it would be a fun, cheap, compact lens for the A7(S). Thoughts?

Posibly one of the worst performers on the A7.
I tried on my A7II and it wignetes pretty much at any distance.

Posibly one of the worst performers on the A7.
I tried on my A7II and it wignetes pretty much at any distance.

From the (few) pictures I've seen on flickr, I like the toy camera look, and it would probably perform better on the 7S' sensor (like most RF wides do) anyways.

I've had two A7's and I'm now on an A7S, which is wonderful. Being free from worrying about light levels is liberating.
Right now I've only got a 50/1.4 and 20/2.8 AIS adapted to it.

Chris, I enjoy the J12/A7, as you may have noticed in one of the images above (industrial laundry on a loading dock). Here are a few more at ISO 100 in daylight.

Yes, it's compact, though I attach a filter &/or hood to permit easier manipulation of aperture. As for vignetting, judge for yourself. I have a good J12, bought here; if you are as lucky, or thorough in your research, you should get one whose results you like.

med_U45148I1440534235.SEQ.1.jpg

med_U45148I1440626600.SEQ.0.jpg

med_U45148I1440534238.SEQ.4.jpg

Andreas, wonderful how the Bo-tree shrine exists in such walled-up working urban gray grit. Buddha really is there.

And the elevator self with others is fun. The guy to your far right was certainly studying your method or madness. ;-)

Powerful portrait, Jorge. Great to see your work here.

!!

much like your recent uploads Robert for looking playful and light as if a bit random, formal rules strong but behind

Andreas, wonderful how the Bo-tree shrine exists in such walled-up working urban gray grit. Buddha really is there.

And the elevator self with others is fun. The guy to your far right was certainly studying your method or madness. ;-)

this is a particularly old and big looking tree, and areas in Saigon that look unchanged since a few decades like this one are getting rare. It had been a surprise discovery, not far from where I stay, adjoining to an old market area
Skopar 4/25:

Bo Tree
by Andreas, on Flickr

method of madness, haha, another from that area with helicoid adapter for close focusing:

Untitled
by Andreas, on Flickr

J12 on A7S

J12 on A7S

From the (few) pictures I've seen on flickr, I like the toy camera look, and it would probably perform better on the 7S' sensor (like most RF wides do) anyways.

The A7S doesn't show any colour shift in the corners that I can detect, but it smears a lot. If you like that look, then it's a lens for you. I got a good 1987 LTM in black. I use it on film cameras, not the A7S.

Back