A7 images, any lens

A7 Sony FE Zeiss 35mm f2.8

39324101990_e0b532ce42_c.jpg
[/url]Black-browed albatross by john m, on Flickr[/IMG]

Just curious as to the reason?

The story is that adapted wide angle lenses that were originally made for film cameras work better on the Nikon FF mirrorless cameras then on the Canon Eos R cameras or on the Sony A series of cameras

Thanks xayraa33. I wonder what it is about the Nikon Z's that make them better with WAs?

Yes, as Ricoh`s attached article pointed out it could be because of the stacked glass thickness in front of the sensor, I guess they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer but I am sure other factors come to play here`

Sensor stack design is intriguing, in the sense of why should there be variation between different brands, Nikon, Sony etc. I suspect it’s part of a system response which includes the native lens and maybe the need to include air gaps or materials having differing refractive index to achieve critical focus.
In the attached item the Z7 is claimed to have half the thickness of the Sony 7.
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61757587

I’m primarily a Leica M user and I’m looking for the optimum mirrorless camera to enable flower type photography where there’s a need for low level and hence a tilting screen with effective focus peaking. Whether the Sony 7 range is appropriate I’m not sure.

Many thanks Ricoh and xayraa33. Makes sense - I wonder if the later A7 series has kept the thick sensor stack.

Ricoh - many thanks these look very interesting.
Cheers
Although oldish data I found it interesting non the less. No doubt the A7ii, A7iii and A7iv are fabulous cameras, especially so with native lenses. Using Leica M glass maybe a compromise so I’ll do more research on other brands, their sensor stack dimensions and look widely for sample images.

Back