Other Areas Alexandria, VA area meet and greet?

david.elliott

Well-known
Local time
1:26 PM
Hello all,

Seems like we have a good amount of people from the dc / md / va area.

Anybody interested in an Alexandria area meet and greet some time this fall?

David,

I'd be interested in attending, any time works for me except for October 16-24th as I'll out of the area during that time.

Mike

Great idea for a meetup. Not sure about Alexandria (it's sooo far across the river, you know ;)), but I know there are quite a few RF shooters in the area ("the DMV" as the kids say). The Leica store hosts a regular "Coffee, Camera, & Conversations" gathering on Sunday afternoons.

Great idea for a meetup. Not sure about Alexandria (it's sooo far across the river, you know ;)), but I know there are quite a few RF shooters in the area ("the DMV" as the kids say). The Leica store hosts a regular "Coffee, Camera, & Conversations" gathering on Sunday afternoons.

Super far away haha! I'm fine with meeting more or less anywhere really. I work in Alexandria but commute there from north of the College Park area...

I didn't know the Leica store had a regular thing going. I still have not made it down there yet, but I should go some time in the near future.

My only criteria is that the meeting place be Metro-accessible since I don't own a car.

Super far away haha! I'm fine with meeting more or less anywhere really. I work in Alexandria but commute there from north of the College Park area...

I didn't know the Leica store had a regular thing going. I still have not made it down there yet, but I should go some time in the near future.

Hmm. Looks like either we lose somebody either way on the third or fourth. We may have to end up doing that, of course, but would the 27th / 28th of october work better for everybody? Or 17th / 18th of november?

My schedule is pretty flexible.

My preference, re location, is not in the city. Can't stand driving in the city now with a billion evil cameras everywhere. :) Of course, if we do meet up in the city I will just metro in. Chris --- I can pick you up from a metro station and drive you to the meet up spot, wherever that may be.

Sounds like a great idea. Problem is we are going to be inconvenient for someone. But I would love to have such a meet. Maybe a short photo tour, or just what it is called, a meet and greet (we can always fondle gear. :D). Good either way. Keep us all informed, and don't worry if I or someone else can't make a particular meet. We can always try for the next one.

Hmm. Looks like either we lose somebody either way on the third or fourth. We may have to end up doing that, of course, but would the 27th / 28th of october work better for everybody? Or 17th / 18th of november?

My schedule is pretty flexible.

My preference, re location, is not in the city. Can't stand driving in the city now with a billion evil cameras everywhere. :) Of course, if we do meet up in the city I will just metro in. Chris --- I can pick you up from a metro station and drive you to the meet up spot, wherever that may be.

Oct 27/28 and Nov 17/18 all work for me, like yourself I'm pretty flexible :)

Just bumping the thread. I'm sure we wont be able to include everybody this time, but it sure would be nice to pick a date which is convenient for as many people as possible.

Please chime in about what dates work best for your calendar!

Back