Other Areas Alexandria, VA area meet and greet?

David,
If we want a neutral site how about the food cafe in the bottom of the National Gallery East Wing right by the moveable walkway. Or Capital city brewing co. down in Washington DC. It all depends on what the final count of people is going to be. Those are my two thoughts. Plus with either place if we wanted we could all walk over to the the Leica store, Capital City Brewing Co. would be the closest of the two. Depending on what time we get together.
wbill

Somebody had mentioned Lost Dog in Falls Church good food and beer, but a little on the small size depending on how many people show up. They have a lot of booths but not a lot of tables that could be put together. Just my .02 worth.
wbill

I was the one who suggested Lost Dog - you're kinda right on the tables thing, though they expanded a good bit awhile back. Took over the space when the laundromat next door left.

Cap City isn't so bad either, though the one downtown is crap for parking unless things have changed.

Well why I thought of Cap City is they are only about 2-3 blocks from metro center. And a number of people wanted to be close to a metro stop. I try never to drive when I go downtown under normal hours. Late at night or way before normal people get up I will drive and park, I guess it's a sign of age. :) :)
wbill

Looks like we're still a go. I can meet pretty much anyplace. Depending on where we meet, I may drive and use public parking.

Falls Church: Mad Fox. They brew their own beer and the food is good. There is ample public parking under the adjacent building or on the side streets. The facility is large enough for a large group. Just a suggestion as Falls Church was mentioned. They have a website.

Sorry for being absent from the thread for a bit. Been fairly sick since the middle of last week. I blame the nasty lady on the green line who kept coughing into my face. Oh well, at any rate...

Executive decision time I guess. Let's go with Capitol City Brewing Company this time (and maybe somewhere in northern virginia for the next meet up). For those of you who have not been there before --- http://www.opentable.com/capitol-city-brewing-company-downtown

It is in a pretty good central location. Easy to get to via metro. Here is some parking info from open table -- http://washingtondc.centralparking....l-City-Brewing- Company-Downtown-Parking.html

So, let's plan on a lunch there on the 27th.

Time for a head count. Who is in?

David,

Count me in for 1, after you get a count depending on how many are coming should you call and get a table??? I would not think a Sat. would be a problem but you never know.

wbill

Sounds good. :)

I don't anticipate issues with getting a table either, but once we have a head count, I do plan to make a reservation through open table just to be safe. I'd like to have a final head count by no later than say the 23rd.

I have some local arts events to catch that day, but will try to make it for a quick beer(s)/lunch. If I make it, I'll bring something unusual, like a Foton or Ektra.

Sorry for being absent from the thread for a bit. Been fairly sick since the middle of last week. I blame the nasty lady on the green line who kept coughing into my face. Oh well, at any rate...

Executive decision time I guess. Let's go with Capitol City Brewing Company this time (and maybe somewhere in northern virginia for the next meet up). For those of you who have not been there before --- http://www.opentable.com/capitol-city-brewing-company-downtown

It is in a pretty good central location. Easy to get to via metro. Here is some parking info from open table -- http://washingtondc.centralparking....l-City-Brewing- Company-Downtown-Parking.html

So, let's plan on a lunch there on the 27th.

Time for a head count. Who is in?

FYI, the Leica Store is having 1 of their periodic "Coffee, Cameras, & Conversation" events this coming Sunday (21st) from 15:00-17:00. This month's theme is "Fall" & they ask participants to bring 3-6 images (electronic or print) to share w/the group.

Back