Other Areas Alexandria, VA area meet and greet?

alas, I won't be able to make this one. last minute change of plans, surprise 60th birthday party for a relative in Green Bay, leaving on a 6am flight on the 27th. can't imagine her reading this board, so I'm safe saying such things...

so this will just have to become a regular thing, right? I promise, I'll even leave the non-RF stuff at home.

RATS ! I'll be at Drill that weekend - been hoping that an NCR meetup would happen. Oh - well, I'll have to keep a close watch for the next one.

Please assume noon or thereabouts (give or take 15 minutes or so, I'd expect). I plan to give people until Wednesday for our initial headcount. I'll call and make a reservation then and see what times are available. I do not anticipate securing noon to be an issue.

FYI, the Leica Store is having 1 of their periodic "Coffee, Cameras, & Conversation" events this coming Sunday (21st) from 15:00-17:00. This month's theme is "Fall" & they ask participants to bring 3-6 images (electronic or print) to share w/the group.

Wait a minute...there's a Leica Store in Washington DC? I live in DC!

Oh my, I just looked it up, cameras displayed as in a jewelry store, contemporary german couches, and a blurb about how Leica is a witness to history and the finest photographic art....shoot me.

I'll try and make the meet up on 27th, thanks.

I intend to be there too. Had hoped to bring the son-in-law, but he is otherwise committed. I have told a guy at work about it and he may try to go.

Looking forward to seeihng everyone!

Okay, so by my count we have these confirmed (or pretty much confirmed) individuals...

Me
Steve and his wife
Mike
TheFlyingCamera
clear2000
John
wbill
furcafe
mastaliu
arpinum
oftheherd

for a total of 12.

I've just placed a reservation:

Your Reservation is Confirmed ... Capitol City Brewing Company - Downtown on Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM for 12 people

The time will be 12:30 PM as noon was not available as an option.

Now to figure out what gear to bring. :)
What are people interested in seeing? I have an old m3 ds, a rollei 35s, rolleiflex 2.8d, and black paint mp with uc hex. Also have my om-d.

I am interested in seeing whatever others consider a good camera to take some photographs with. I am considering bringing a Welti and/or Weltini, a 6x6 Welta, a 9x12 VAG, an Olympus XA, and maybe my Contax 167mt kit, with zooms from 18mm to 150mm, in which case I won't need the Welti or Weltini. But if people are interested in seeing old folders, I might bring them anyway.

Back