Berlin?

Berlin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive wanted to go to /live in Berlin for most of my adult life.
Somebody should invite me. Im into german techno too so that should count for something.

i'll be in berlin at the end of November as i'm an exhibition in Wedding. Be curious to know where I may find some tasty old german camera gear. Simon your mention of not (m)any nice gear shops is slightly distressing. I would be keen to meet up or accept other forum member suggestions of places to visit, gigs to see, exhibitions to catch etc.

i'll be in berlin at the end of November as i'm an exhibition in Wedding. Be curious to know where I may find some tasty old german camera gear. Simon your mention of not (m)any nice gear shops is slightly distressing. I would be keen to meet up or accept other forum member suggestions of places to visit, gigs to see, exhibitions to catch etc.

where are you exhibiting?

Had a great week in town, and even got to meet some of the RFF folks!

If you have a family you know, trips are also a means to bring everybody together. In the end that did work out but before we got to that my two teenager kids decided to have it out while spending a week on holidays since they spent so much time in close proximity.

Fellows, if you meet Lem again buy him a beer, he really did his best to make all of us meet but part of my crew got in the way and as a result I did not get to meet Simon and Klara :( and Gho for only an hour...

However, my wife really loved the city too and we will definitely visit more often so there's always next time!

I'm very excited to be in Berlin soon (a month from now)
I have a small question to the Berliners:
Is there a place where I can get a leica RF adjusted quickly and cheaply in Berlin?
I remember in France the late Studio 102 (or 112?) was adjusting an RF in a couple of hours for very little money (not sure, but I think it was even a free service). Is there such a place in Berlin? If so, I'll bring some gear for fine tuning...
Thanks!

Hi Michael, i've never had any of my stuff serviced in Berlin but someone at Leica recommended this place to me as an unofficial local alternative to factory service.

I'm very excited to be in Berlin soon (a month from now)
I have a small question to the Berliners:
Is there a place where I can get a leica RF adjusted quickly and cheaply in Berlin?
I remember in France the late Studio 102 (or 112?) was adjusting an RF in a couple of hours for very little money (not sure, but I think it was even a free service). Is there such a place in Berlin? If so, I'll bring some gear for fine tuning...
Thanks!

Hi Michael, i've never had any of my stuff serviced in Berlin but someone at Leica recommended this place to me as an unofficial local alternative to factory service.

Lem, thanks a lot for the tip.
Unfortunately, communication may be an issue (no emails, only German site...). Did someone ever had business with them? do they speak English or French?
Any other idea?
Thanks!

@sanmich: for Leica repair / adjustment these might be an alternative (never been there though):
http://www.kameraservice-ostkreuz.de

@Simon: I will drop by your exhibition for sure.

4.jpg

Hi all

I'm back from there...
I had the great pleasure to meet Lem, Simon, Georg and for a short while, even Clara and Lauffray.
It was great. I was there to present something really boring (for RFF arena) at a semiconductor manufacturing conference, and managed to have about six days to discover the city.
A few advises to someone willing to visit:

1- do it!
The city is nice. Most people speak English, and are helpful.

2- do it in the summer!!
It was freezing. Not the best weather to shoot. Also, I think it is the Northernmost latitude I've ever been. Surprise: sunset is at 16:00. In summer the situation is obviously opposite though...

3- Meet RFFer's. I had such a great time with them. Not feeling a tourist too much. Shooting together with the "natives". Simon and Lem are great photogs! go to Simon exhibition! (I couldn't and regret it) Buy Lem's book (I did and love it).

That's it. I have 10 rolls to develop, my eyes still full of the city, and on my tongue the taste of the gluhwein glass I drank on the last day.

If there ever was a use for this smiley:

:D

That's it. I have 10 rolls to develop, my eyes still full of the city, and on my tongue the taste of the gluwein glass I drank on the last day.

Ah, you did it! Was a pleasure meeting you!

Here are a few of mine form that day.

A simple compositional study
U27794I1356215331.SEQ.0.jpg

A pretty obvious one
U27794I1356215329.SEQ.0.jpg

I like this as a photo, but without context it is not so meaningful. He is the uncle of one of the workers.
Anyhow, I became quite reluctant to photograph people without making contact. Just a personal thing, not
a general law.
U27794I1356215332.SEQ.0.jpg

Though I've been in Germany, I've not been in Berlin, but I do correspond with a pretty Ukrainian interpreter who now lkives there and she loves Berlin. And she's single!

dear berliners. i'm leaving this city of sin and pleasure in about 3 weeks. let's meet before that. that is all.

Simon says we must meet. So meet we will.

First: Which bar? Preferably one without TVs or noisy Ausländers.

Second: Which day of the week? Why not on a Wednesday: it's the day furthest from the previous and upcoming weekend, perfect for the pessimist and optimist in everyone.

Simon says we must meet. So meet we will.

First: Which bar? Preferably one without TVs or noisy Ausländers.

Second: Which day of the week? Why not on a Wednesday: it's the day furthest from the previous and upcoming weekend, perfect for the pessimist and optimist in everyone.

you, sir, are a philosopher.
my answer to #1 and #2 is "yes." or "you decide."

you, sir, are a philosopher.
my answer to #1 and #2 is "yes." or "you decide."

Actually may I add a third requirement: The bar must be relatively well lit, in the rare instance that one of us maybe, maybe might bring a print along to the meet. Just a thought... I am allowed to be a dreamer, no?

I'm not all that familiar with the bars of Berlin, but I did like dat dhere bar we were at, you know, dat place dat I forgot I left, da one where we went on got drunk in, dat last place where we went with dem rest of the folks, you know what I mean Simon? The bar I'm talking about is exactly the well lit, open every day, TV and Ausländer-frei bar I'm thinking about.

All kidding aside, do we not have any more RFF members in town? Come on now, you know you want to join Simon and I out on a wet night in Berlin!

Back