California (Bay Area, Northern) Cindy Sherman Exhibit and Decisive Challenge Get Together Aug 5th

kdemas

Enjoy Life.
Local time
11:56 PM
With the Decisive Challenge taking place (click here for details) I thought it might be fun for us all to get together to take in the Cindy Sherman exhibit at the SF Moma to break up the day a bit.

It's been a bit since we all got together so let's make this a big turnout!

Date: August 5th.
Time: 11:30-2PM or so.
Where: SF Moma and sportsbar at 4th and Mission for drinks after.

I figured many of us would love to miss the mid-day sun anyway so hopefully this meeting time makes sense. It will leave plenty of time for shooting before and after.

It should be a terrific show and a great time!

Hoping to make it. I have an SF MoMA membership so I can let someone in (we usually end up with more free tickets than needed because many of us have membership).

Oh BTW, Mexico exhibiert is ending this weekend.

Kent, I'll try to make it. I think we arrive back from a week laying around on the Cape Cod beaches right around the 5th.

The Mexico show at SFMOMA is terrific... just saw it last week.

I'll try to make it too. Agree re: Mexico show. I think it closes soon? It's a Don't Miss!

Kirk

Edit: Just checked: Closes this Sunday.

I would like to meet ya'all there. I have met a couple of you in person, but not as a group get-together.
Kent, I would be happy to take you up on your offer of a free ticket. And buy you a beer after the show.
(Didn't I meet you in SF? I was selling an Abrahamson M6 trigger winder, and we met at a cafe on Fillmore, but the winder didn't fit your M properly??)
Gary

Gary,

The ticket is all yours! That probably wasn't me as I haven't had the pleasure of owning one of Tom's winders.

It'll be great to meet you, look forward to it!

fotomeow said:
I would like to meet ya'all there. I have met a couple of you in person, but not as a group get-together.
Kent, I would be happy to take you up on your offer of a free ticket. And buy you a beer after the show.
(Didn't I meet you in SF? I was selling an Abrahamson M6 trigger winder, and we met at a cafe on Fillmore, but the winder didn't fit your M properly??)
Gary

Thanks Sug. XA packed to go. I promise not to gloat if I show up with my IIF/IIIf combo sporting the 50mm f2 and 35mm f2.5 lenses I got last week.

All: let's do our own Tokyo Camera Style show 'n tell and submit the images to the TCS website. We need a designated photographer to document the cameras and the hands holding them.

bobkonos said:
All: let's do our own Tokyo Camera Style show 'n tell and submit the images to the TCS website. We need a designated photographer to document the cameras and the hands holding them.

Excellent idea!

Back