California (Bay Area, Northern) Cindy Sherman Exhibit and Decisive Challenge Get Together Aug 5th

I'm also an SFMOMA member and will happily provide an extra ticket to any RFF'er in need of one. Bringing a Barnack sounds like a great idea.

And seeing Bob dressed up as Cindy Sherman is worth the admission...:D

It's been ages since I've taken the Barnacks out for a walk. If I can make it, I will also have a spare SFMOMA member ticket available for the ticketless. I've already seen the Cindy Sherman show at MOMA in NYC, but am happy to take another look.

PMCC said:
It's been ages since I've taken the Barnacks out for a walk. If I can make it, I will also have a spare SFMOMA member ticket available for the ticketless. I've already seen the Cindy Sherman show at MOMA in NYC, but am happy to take another look.

Hope you can make it Peter.

I should be able to make this. Sounds like fun. After all long hiatus from this site and the get-togethers it will be good to see some of you again.

I'll bring my IIIa and likely either my Summitar or old Summarit loaded with some Kodak XX.

It'll be good to see you again Richard! Hopefully you can take part in our little challenge as well!

Freedom Rider's Traveling Exhibit

AMERICAN EXPERIENCE has partnered with the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History to create a traveling exhibit -- a moveable museum of sorts -- that tells the story of the 1961 Freedom Rides. A detailed narrative of the Rides is illustrated with vivid archival photos and newspaper clippings that document this pivotal event in the Civil Rights Movement. The exhibit is enhanced by companion audio that allows visitors to hear the poignant eyewitness accounts of the Riders who endured bitter racism and savage beatings, but ultimately changed America forever.

July 18 - August 15, 2011
San Francisco Public Library
100 Larkin Street
San Francisco, California
415-557-4400

http://sfpl.org/index.php?pg=1007302201

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/freedomriders/rides

Very interesting, thanks for the heads up!

Freedom Rider's Traveling Exhibit

AMERICAN EXPERIENCE has partnered with the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History to create a traveling exhibit -- a moveable museum of sorts -- that tells the story of the 1961 Freedom Rides. A detailed narrative of the Rides is illustrated with vivid archival photos and newspaper clippings that document this pivotal event in the Civil Rights Movement. The exhibit is enhanced by companion audio that allows visitors to hear the poignant eyewitness accounts of the Riders who endured bitter racism and savage beatings, but ultimately changed America forever.

July 18 - August 15, 2011
San Francisco Public Library
100 Larkin Street
San Francisco, California
415-557-4400

http://sfpl.org/index.php?pg=1007302201

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/freedomriders/rides

Can we have a camera/lens/film theme? Can we dress up like Cindy Shearman? Will beer be involved?

Boy, that would be interesting to dress up like Cindy!! But which persona? And how would we recognize one another? Oh, yeah, we would be the scary looking troupe of roving cross-dressers with a Barnack/II/III around our necks!

fotomeow said:
Boy, that would be interesting to dress up like Cindy!! But which persona? And how would we recognize one another? Oh, yeah, we would be the scary looking troupe of roving cross-dressers with a Barnack/II/III around our necks!

Quite the sight, don't you think??!!

Not excited about seeing this show, but I am interested in shooting that weekend. So I'm going to try to meet up with you guys at some point—maybe around beer-thirty.

/

One week and counting!

@William- We'll miss ya!

@Ray- Beer thirty works.

@Bob- Still noodling over what I'm going to shoot.

I'm planning to meet up with you guys at the museum and taking someone's guest ticket please. I will probably have a camera with me.

I'm going Barnack-I need the practice as I just heard a rumor you can put film in them and take a photograph or two.

One week and counting!

@William- We'll miss ya!

@Ray- Beer thirty works.

@Bob- Still noodling over what I'm going to shoot.

Back