Commemorative Tom A Softie Designs wanted

Ok, here´s a draft based on Leicas own commemorative signature.

softie.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

I very much like Bille's Leica signature style approach but would leave-out the '1943-2017' reference. 'Tom' would be my preferred choice. Red of black with white lettering.

I very much like Bille's Leica signature style approach but would leave-out the '1943-2017' reference. 'Tom' would be my preferred choice. Red of black with white lettering.

I was thinking about an authentic signature of Tom, if existent. We might also go for a favorite color combination if he had one. Maybe Tuulikki can help us out here.

Nice Idea;

How about just his initials in a nice script on the softie centre? Something like the ones used in Scapevision's suggestion above?

How about a red softie Leica a-la the red dot, with either Tom, Tom A or TA in white Leica script?
There is nothing more iconically Leica than that red dot and now Tom is a part of Leica like film is a part of Leica. A soft release is ubiquitous on an M. I have had softies on all my M bodies and a few other cameras that they would thread into.

Phil Forrest

I was working on some ideas, and liked Bille's idea a lot (maybe without the years), but I am feeling going all-the-way Leica script, resembling Leica brand might be a little off from ideal IMHO. He was very much into and very knowledgeable Nikon RF cameras as well.

I like the idea of his signature, maybe not cheque signing but something he used for signing his printed photos or letters? If a scan can be provided, I (or likely many others) can make a vector artwork out of it. I'm a professional designer. At that point the thickness and the details can be adjusted to make the design feasible for the application. I feel that has more personal touch to Tom, not to a specific camera brand. Again, totally IMHO (I do corporate brand identity, product branding etc as well).

I like Bille and Scapevision's designs. Combining them could be done by using the"Tom" signature in Bille's design in the aperture of Scapevision's design, keeping the aperture blade pattern. Also, the "commemorative and years" text in the circumference of Scapevision's design could be replaced by the sign-off used by Tom A. in all his posts: "Bests to everybody".

One idea.

Gary

Here is another idea.

Concept:
Silhouette of Boy Tom from the picture posted on Flickr by Tuulikki. I feel it would be nice to celebrate his life his legacy, not focusing on his passing. Boy from Sweden, grown to be a photographer and a brilliant inventor, left friends in photographic community around the world who love and miss him dearly. Also I like the idea of a design that would work as someone's daily shooter aesthetics beyond commemoration to Tom and/or an association with Leica or other specific camera brand. It doesn't really clearly say Tom A's commemoration, but if you know what that is, you know what that is.

Boy Tom A
32453317261_1844b4e662_o.jpg

Boy Tom A & Mr B
32453317441_0279d60455_o.jpg

(not particularly going for red color, just a quick mockup)

Personally I feel simpler design without a lot of text would look better, but some proof of concept with text.

32535345116_07e469321b_b.jpg

Just not a limited edition please no one should be disappointed.

Tom had an embossing stamp for his prints simply said "Tom Abrahamsson Photographer" with copyright in the centre. I have couple of examples but they almost impossible to photograph, could be shortened to Tom A Photographer around the edge like the MrB design with 2017 in the centre?

TomA

TomA

using Tom's favorite font: TomA as seen on many of his images.

and suggestion #2, again using his favorite font: T&T or TnT

Here is another idea.

Concept:
Silhouette of Boy Tom from the picture posted on Flickr by Tuulikki. I feel it would be nice to celebrate his life his legacy, not focusing on his passing. Boy from Sweden, grown to be a photographer and a brilliant inventor, left friends in photographic community around the world who love and miss him dearly. Also I like the idea of a design that would work as someone's daily shooter aesthetics beyond commemoration to Tom and/or an association with Leica or other specific camera brand. It doesn't really clearly say Tom A's commemoration, but if you know what that is, you know what that is.

Boy Tom A
32453317261_1844b4e662_o.jpg

Sweet idea.

I have an idea, but 0 skills. I have an older son who might have the skills and 0 id.......

Let me see what I can do.

Great ideas so far.

B2 (;->

Back