Leica LTM cool accessories for barnacks...

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
late FOKOS

23785219505_5616517718_c.jpg

23785219185_025c38df87_c.jpg

23450293522_2aefacb9c4_c.jpg

If you think the FOKOS is awkward to use mounted like that, try a FODIS ;)

I have a FOKOS rangefinder accessory with the HFOOK mount, which makes the FOKOS sit horizontal on the camera, giving it a much lower profile.

How practical is that in daily use? Do you leave it mounted permanently?

this rig is definitely not my daily user, but it works fine out on photo walks. I leave the FOKOS mounted and walk around with it hanging around my neck. The ELMAR is slow to use to begin with because of the long focus throw so they compliment eachother well for slow-paced casual photography. One enjoyable aspect of using this FOKOS alongside the SBOOI is both of them are 1:1 viewing, so you can see, focus, and compose comfortably with both eyes open

Yes, you are right, it sees more use on my BP M3.

10811124893_f39fa259c9.jpg

On my II I use a WEISU.

Erik.

8729316884_1d57f65233.jpg

Now I see your lustrous SBLOO I have to admire it. And if something is a little too big, a dark color diminishes it. I think seeing these marvels from you is easier to accept as you use them so well. But I better stop looking.

I'm in the market for a 2,8cm finder, you're giving me a lot of G.A.S. Erik.

Anyone got an AHOOT they're not using?

The De Mornay-Budd pop-up viewfinder. The bar in the front aligns with the front of a 3.5/50 Elmar to focus. I used to have the Contax version. Pretty neat. (Image from eBay.)

s-l1600.jpg

there's a few old leitz ny soft releases -- they do look nice and are easy to use - igorcamera has a lot of cool stuff -- dagcamera has a double cold shoe adapter for multiple accessories for $90 --- have seen the cv double shoe going for $200

You're welcome. If you hadn't noticed, at the bottom of the page is an alphabet link to call up the code names by first letter.

Will,

Thanks for pointing that out.

Corrected.

Cal

its a lovely lens. Owned the K mount version and really enjoyed it. I've never seen the L-Special in person, but it almost looks bulkier than the K mount version...

For me, the SBOOI (have one for each IIIf I own) and the other Leitz bright-line finders: for 90 (SVGOO) and 135 (SHOOC).

From my early days of Leica Accessory GAS. ;)

barnacks03.jpg

"Lens hoods for the lens hood God!"
11951287_879717178743307_8493585304624294874_n.jpg

And those Compartment Cases are nice....as long as you can find all what goes in and where.
12079326_900714663310225_4869885610770851355_n.jpg

I like the ABCOO, works beautifully with the ABLON for trimming leaders.

ABCOO is not for use with the ABLON, but for cutting the film in the camera. A Leica uses films with 36 exposures. For a lot of people that is way too much. For those people Leitz invented the ABCOO. Say, you've exposed 14 frames and you want to see the results, but you don't want to spoil the 22 unexposed frames that are still on your film. Then you take your Leica and your ABCOO to your darkroom, you remove the bottomplate and you position without removing the film your ABCOO next to the take-up spool. The ABCOO is very sharp, so you push it in and wile doing so you cut the film - just after your last exposed frame - in two pieces. You now can take out the take-up spool and develop the piece of film with the 14 exposures on it. That is what the ABCOO was made for. I hope this is clear to you as my English is not very good and the procedure of using the ABCOO is quite complicated.

Erik.

Back