Leica LTM cool accessories for barnacks...

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
I use a Bill Clark accessory for my III a. The film cassette can shift, lowering the film as it travels along the path. What I do is take one of my trusty "O" rings, usually used in plumbing applications, that fit over the film up reel as it sticks out of the cassette, and gives enough extra dimension (height) so as the cassette doesn't shift as I take photographs. Seems to work.

ABCOO is not for use with the ABLON, but for cutting the film in the camera. A Leica uses films with 36 exposures. For a lot of people that is way too much. For those people Leitz invented the ABCOO. Say, you've exposed 14 frames and you want to see the results, but you don't want to spoil the 22 unexposed frames that are still on your film. Then you take your Leica and your ABCOO to your darkroom, you remove the bottomplate and you position without removing the film your ABCOO next to the take-up spool. The ABCOO is very sharp, so you push it in and wile doing so you cut the film - just after your last exposed frame - in two pieces. You now can take out the take-up spool and develop the piece of film with the 14 exposures on it. That is what the ABCOO was made for. I hope this is clear to you as my English is not very good and the procedure of using the ABCOO is quite complicated.

Erik.

I'm getting déja vu all over again.... Please don't anyone else suggest the ABCOO is for trimming the leader, with or without an ABLON.

its a lovely lens. Owned the K mount version and really enjoyed it. I've never seen the L-Special in person, but it almost looks bulkier than the K mount version...

You are correct that it is a bulky lens, especially on a Barnack. Could be larger than a K-mount.

Between the diopter on my IIIG and the diopter on the Pentax-L VF'er being able to shoot without my glasses is a very big deal. This is where the high magnification on a Barnack is a great-great asset. The Pentax-L VF'er has the correct offset for LTM cameras and has bad parallex on a M-body.

Being able to use the 50mm frames for other lenses adds versitility, and the huge bonus is that the full frame of the VF'er is ideal for 35mm. The VF'er has really good contrast and is rather exceptional.

If you can find this VF'er buy it.

Cal

From my early days of Leica Accessory GAS. ;)

barnacks03.jpg

"Lens hoods for the lens hood God!"
11951287_879717178743307_8493585304624294874_n.jpg

And those Compartment Cases are nice....as long as you can find all what goes in and where.
12079326_900714663310225_4869885610770851355_n.jpg

Hi,

That's the third variation on the fitted compartment case I've seen and I mean the innards, lock and so on not the size. I guess Leitz sub-contracted them out to various firms. I worry about the straps on mine, btw.

Regards, David

Hi,

No, but after seeing the FIWAS I wondered about TISWAS and to save you all, it means totally confused but - alas - is 6 letters...

Regards, David

Surely TISWAS will always be "Today Is Saturday Watch And Smile"

(A Saturday morning children's TV series in the UK although male viewers of a somewhat older age than the intended audience watched for Sally James)

It does have the Leitz logo. I have another smaller one that looks like a custom job too.

Hi,

I wondered that as it takes the lens hood and my earlier ones held everything but the lens hood and, later on, wouldn't take a meter either.

It was the square (ish) lock that I noticed first, they all seem to differ.

Regards, David

Surely TISWAS will always be "Today Is Saturday Watch And Smile"

(A Saturday morning children's TV series in the UK although male viewers of a somewhat older age than the intended audience watched for Sally James)

Hi,

I guess I must be one of the elderly older members as that came a long time later to me. Now I'll have to look up Sally James.

Anyway, back to the code book, it doesn't have TIZZY in it either and that means the same as TISWAS. F'instance "I'm all of a tizzy/tiswas this morning"...

Regards, David

Hi,
Anyway, back to the code book, it doesn't have TIZZY in it either and that means the same as TISWAS. F'instance "I'm all of a tizzy/tiswas this morning"...

Regards, David

Dear David, Promise the last OT post, the similar Lancashire version, now mainly in disuse, was "slack set up" referencing a weaving loom producing low quality cloth and needing attention, to bring it into adjustment, from the Tackler.
Some mornings I awake and that is spot on.

Hi,

We don't have them in this part of the world (Northamptonshire) but we do have loads of old cobblers...

Regards, David

SCNOO is a great Barnack accessory! Film advance is comfortable, and faster than using a lever (I make 2fps easily). In contrast to Leicavit, SCNOO does not allow the camera to sit upright. I'm also partial to SBOOI. :)

iiib2.jpg

Back