Crazy about the Biogon-C 35mm - pics thread

A shot from my first color roll with Noisy Cricket. :D

5035222683_4dd50760f5_b.jpg

Well, actually, first color with my m2. :p

Quite nice coelacanth. This is the first lens I've fell in love with since returning to photography a little over a year ago.

This lens combined with Ektar 100 or one of the newer films such as the TMax films, or the M-Digitals comes closer to medium format than such combinations of years past.

Of course, medium format films have made the same progress.. so I guess that my comparison is to more traditional films....

I agree completely.

The results I'm getting with this lens TMAX400 and ACROS in XTOL feel like Tri-X and Plus-X in D-76 on a 645 neg, back in the day.

Sorry, I deleted the post in that after thinking about it, I wasn't so sure that I even agreed with myself. I do think that old Tri-X in 645 is better in many ways than TMY-2 (400) in 35mm, but not by much. Then I realized that I have shot much more 6x7 and that the statement was clearly false when considering the larger negative. I still like Tri-X with medium format, but I do also really like this lens.

Of course, my medium format lenses are f/4.0, so perhaps this somewhat evens up the playing field with 645.

Last edited:
I'd never claim that 35mm approaches 6x7. It doesn't. And I expect that the newer combos still don't quite equal 645. But it's closer than I am used to seeing. Especially with ACROS/XTOL 1:1. That combination is just insanely great.

Last edited:
Picked this lens up back in July and I am absolutely loving it - it seems to be the perfect blend of quality, size and price, plus it fits perfectly with what I like to shoot 99% of the time. Got a fair few shots with it now on my flickr stream if anyone is interested and all have been uploaded at a respectable resolution. Got rolls and rolls from back in London still to upload (including 2 rolls of Kodak E100G), but the stuff so far can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markhallam/tags/35mmbiogon/

This lens really rendered amazing colors both color and B&W. Man I may have to put the Nokton 35mm f1.4 on a hold and save more for this one.

Long time no post!
Here's another shot taken with the Biogon-C this evening @ f2.8.
It's a fantastic lens.

Attachments

• Iidabashi.jpg
    Iidabashi.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 0
Back