Dear Susan Pixii Review

This camera has not really been tested yet..
It actually would be interesting if they gave it to a pro for a few months..to run it thru its paces..on the gig..
To see what issues may or may not crop up....
Not weekend warriors..or YT reviewers with a few happy snaps here and there...and then.. cam back on the shelf..or returned.
I would be more concerned with the mechanics..than the electronics..
Lens mount and RF integrity...can it sustain bumps and bruises..are the buttons working thru thousands of clicks..that kind of thing..
Only time will tell..
But I can already detect Pixii fan boy syndrome growing..here..lol..
And just like Leica fan boys..
Well..
You cant tell them what they dont wanna hear..
And thats ok..
Its not my money..

This has been handed out to "pros" for testing over the years. Part of its evolutionary process. It has been tested. Unless you want someone from AFP, AP, UPI, the New York Times, The WaPo, the London Times or large circulation magazine to cover it. I know what you are getting at but I am not sure it has not been achieved. How about, tell us what you think a "pro" is and how that person should "test" it?

Button pushes? I will go out on a limb and say that Pixii is buying buttons from a known supplier with a known MTBF. Their entire future is riding on the success of the current model. It is time for them to do it. They have been working and refining this camera for a few years now. Refining by sending out to folks to test. Lens mounts? This is not the first outfit to build an M mount. Did you doubt those companies? Did you question Epson or Voigtländer, Minolta or Konica?

And you are right, it is not your money. Your intent is not to buy but it is something else, QED. Le chien aboie mais la caravane passe.

I am a working pro and bring the Pixii on gigs as a B-can for fun. I have done the same with Leicas in the past. Works the same as when taking the unworthy “happy snaps”.

Did Pixii steal your lunch money when you where little? ;)
EDIT: This was a respons to the post before it was edited.

There ya go..its pro tested...
Everyone should buy at least 1..
Its ready for action..lol..
But that said..
I'm suprised that anyone who questions this camera in any way..people who bought..somehow..take it personally..even if they dont have their cam in hand yet..and are just purchasing off of internet promises..
As its some kind of knock on their personage or something..like an insult towards their wife..a Will Smith if you will..haha..
Bottom line..no one knows if they will like the cam until they shell out the 3K..and put it thru its paces..
..all long winded purchase justifications are just a $3K rationalization..unless you just have $$ to burn..for fun and giggles..
..at least they have a nice 2 year warranty..and good return policy..just in case..
As far as I'm concerned..I'm happy to just wait and see..and let others take the initial hit..
And maybe buy later..when the bugs are worked out and the upgrade cycles made...or other better models come out.
I would rather buy a mature product.
But its always interesting to see people spend reams of cash on preorder Leicas..and then get their untested cams w/issues..firmware bugs..parts fallin off ..things not working etc..
All off internet dreams..

Your best defense is to just stick with your box Brownie. It has been thoroughly tested, is at the end of its upgrade path, i. e., a mature product, will have no software/firmware issues, has a great track record and is very easily affordable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Baby Brownie.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	4779556

Do you even have the cam..or even are a.."PRO"..lol..
And no...Pixii didnt steal my lunch $$
But I think they may..be taking yours..
Truthfully..I'm amazed people are spending $3K on this..
Unbelievable actually..
Take a min to think about this..a hard min..$3K..for this??
Laughable.

I have it, I get paid to take pictures and I get it, you don’t like the camera.

There is an old saying that a critic is a legless man who teaches running. This critic knows little of the camera but insists he knows more than the owners of the camera. He has never taken a picture with the camera but disputes their quality when taken by others.

Dunning-Kruger?

I have re-read the critic's postings. They are rife with grammar and spelling errors. That does not indicate a well educated or sharp mind. It can be an indicator of the Dunning-Kruger effect. I cannot diagnose as I am not a psychologist or psychiatrist but as a lay person I would suspect this. As usual, YMMV.

Cheers, all.

Now let's get back to talking about the Pixii and not the Pixii troll.

Do you work for Pixii? Do you get a cut from every sale? Lol..

No and No.
But nice troll, it definitely strengthens your argument about not wanting a Pixii. I didn’t believe you after the last five posts, still thought you where buying one. But now I’m leaning towards you passing on the camera.

This camera has not really been tested yet..
It actually would be interesting if they gave it to a pro for a few months..to run it thru its paces..on the gig..

Which pro do you think is going to stop using their well known equipment in order to use this for an extended review for no money? They are solely interested in making money. Serious amateurs can be very demanding and many pros are not demanding at all. I am not sure why you think all pros are the same.

I dont like or dislike the cam..
I never saw it..or used it..
I would buy it like anyone else..I dont care about the dough..
But..
Jeeze..
Look at what you are actually getting..
Take a good hard look..
Its..a TOY..

How is it a toy? That is just Ill-informed. You have both the Leica CL and Fujifilm X-Pro3 that are APSC and high quality for $2000-3000. They do not have a mechanical RF, which is expensive. Add to that that Pixii is a small company, we cannot expect it to be cheaper really. You do not have to buy it, but it is not a toy or priced wrong.

Last edited:
I've said this before in other locations...but, man! This little camera sure has made people upset! Such interesting reactions...

Back