Fujicolor C200

I did shoot a roll of the new fujicolor 200 and it is without a doubt gold 200. hope everyone enjoys paying $10 now for a roll of cheap 90s consumer grade emulsion. I think the bubble for film cameras has already popped now that most new comers realize they are paying $1+ per shot ($2-3 for 120) after processing and scanning. a lot of people trying to get their $4k back for that m6 or 500cm they bought on ebay

I did shoot a roll of the new fujicolor 200 and it is without a doubt gold 200. hope everyone enjoys paying $10 now for a roll of cheap 90s consumer grade emulsion. I think the bubble for film cameras has already popped now that most new comers realize they are paying $1+ per shot ($2-3 for 120) after processing and scanning. a lot of people trying to get their $4k back for that m6 or 500cm they bought on ebay
All very true. But some of us stubborn old fools aren't interested in getting our $4k back; we'll just keep shooting film, cost be damned.

I've read somewhere that Fujifilm is planning to manufacture their films again in Japan for instance this link
Anyone with insiders' insight can confirm this.
Thanks.

I've read somewhere that Fujifilm is planning to manufacture their films again in Japan for instance this link. Anyone with insiders' insight can confirm this.
Thanks.
Well... one YouTuber is citing another YouTuber. Reliable source...? You be the judge. Meanwhile, we have this news release direct from Fuji, dated April 5, 2024:

I can't read Japanese, but the automatic translation says:
Fujicolor SUPERIA X-TRA 400 will be discontinued as soon as stock is no longer available. In line with this, we will introduce the color negative film FUJIFILM 400 that we sell overseas in Japan from today.

Well... one YouTuber is citing another YouTuber. Reliable source...? You be the judge. Meanwhile, we have this news release direct from Fuji, dated April 5, 2024:

Fujicolor SUPERIA X-TRA 400 will be discontinued as soon as stock is no longer available. In line with this, we will introduce the color negative film FUJIFILM 400 that we sell overseas in Japan from today.
oh I see; certainly that I trust the link you quoted more.
And obviously the product shown there is the same with Fujifilm 400 which are currently sold in US (Made by Kodak as many have confirmed).
Sadly that there will be no more Made in Japan films I'm afraid.

Do we know if this covers Superia Premium 400 which is the Japan version of X-Tra 400?

Back