Fujicolor C200

After Kodak raised their prices I bought some C200 to see if I liked it to save some money. Not only do I like it, but it's my new favorite film. The colors and contrast are gorgeous.

After Kodak raised their prices I bought some C200 to see if I liked it to save some money. Not only do I like it, but it's my new favorite film. The colors and contrast are gorgeous.

Nice images, Scott! My results aren't always that nice, must be that warm Arizona sun. :cool:

Is Fuij Superia 200 the same or a similar film type?

Palma de Mallorca, 2005. Canon 7, Jupiter-11, Fuji Superia 200, 1/1000, f/5.6.
U811I1383504454.SEQ.0.jpg

Digital workflow: Negative photographed on light table, processed with VueScan.

Fujicolor C200

Palma de Mallorca, 2005. Canon 7, Jupiter-11, Fuji Superia 200, 1/1000, f/5.6.

Digital workflow: Negative photographed on light table, processed with VueScan.

I do not think that they are the same.
Superia is a grade higher than the C200

I do not think that they are the same.
Superia is a grade higher than the C200

I agree with kiemchacsu. Superia 200, which was discontinued in 2017, has the 4th color layer that the C200 lacks. You can see the differences in the two datasheets:

Fujicolor Superia 200
https://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/pdf/superia_200_datasheet.pdf

Fujicolor C200
https://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/pdf/C200_datasheet.pdf

I think you are right. I've mostly use Kodak Tri-X 400TX and know very little of the colour films that exist or existed.

Should I remove the photograph above from this thread? Since it is Fuijcolor Superia 200 one and not Fujicolor C200.

Cheers,
Anders

I think you are right. I've mostly use Kodak Tri-X 400TX and know very little of the colour films that exist or existed.

Should I remove the photograph above from this thread? Since it is Fuijcolor Superia 200 one and not Fujicolor C200.

Cheers,
Anders

Nah. It is just for fun eventually,
It does not matter at all.
Let it be there. Thank you for sharing.

Have seen C200 shocking price increase this year.From 4,50 euros/roll in feb to a whopping 8,47 euros this august. Is this a sign of offer vs.demand or this film being discontinued? Best regards

Have seen C200 shocking price increase this year.From 4,50 euros/roll in feb to a whopping 8,47 euros this august. Is this a sign of offer vs.demand or this film being discontinued? Best regards

In Germany the price range is from 4.95€ to 5.99€ at the major film shops.
This film is in extremely high demand, and increasing demand due to the film revival. And more and more photographers are also realizing how good this film is (much better than ColorPlus 200), which also adds up to the increasing demand.
All my film dealers have told me that demand is surpassing supply, and that Fujifilm cannot produce enough film currently to satisfy the huge demand.
For this reason some big film dealers here have also limited the number of films you can order to only 5 or 10 films per order.

Cheers, Jan

Intriguing, my local film and camera dealer used to have tons of it, checking now it's all gone. Every time I went in a student would come in for their film fix, and always ask for Portra 400. Then when that had run out or became mortgage territory they'd forlornly ask if there was anything similar, so I'd pipe up that Fujicolor 200 was excellent and stunning for the price, and get ignored. When they'd left with their Lomography 400, I'd ask Russell the owner how they got it developed, he replied they took it to Snappy Snaps and get it back looking like ****.

I suspect the money is to be had in the more premium films. Consumer film is a strange hangover from the mass market film era. If it doesn't sell in multi-millions of rolls its economics have to be very suspect.

The funny thing about this is Lomography 400 is literally just Ultramax 400 in a different canister...

So they’re still getting consumer film, just paying more for it

Back