Fujicolor C200

Thanks guys. Fujicolor 200/C200 is very underrated IMO.

Yep yep. thefindlab.com had fuji 400h on sale for something like $9/roll whereas most places have it for $14. Zero interest as I love what I’ve been getting w C200 and so bought a whole bunch more at $10/3 rolls of 36.

Yep yep. thefindlab.com had fuji 400h on sale for something like $9/roll whereas most places have it for $14. Zero interest as I love what I’ve been getting w C200 and so bought a whole bunch more at $10/3 rolls of 36.

I like to there's no such thing a bad film, and the best film is cheap or free film :D
Of course, that was before I bought 8 rolls of cheap and expired film and then shot a roll and the film came out fogged and totally blank :mad:

Anyway, here's another slightly underexposed Fujicolor 200 shot.

Untitled by Colton Allen, on Flickr
Nikon F3
Nikkor AIs 35/2.8
Fujicolor 200
Epson V750​

I like to there's no such thing a bad film, and the best film is cheap or free film :D
Of course, that was before I bought 8 rolls of cheap and expired film and then shot a roll and the film came out fogged and totally blank :mad:

Anyway, here's another slightly underexposed Fujicolor 200 shot.

Untitled by Colton Allen, on Flickr
Nikon F3
Nikkor AIs 35/2.8
Fujicolor 200
Epson V750​

Nikomat FTn, Nikkor-H Auto 50mm f/2 non-AI, Fujifilm Fujicolor 200.

2018.05.19 Roll #154-000919540008.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Very nice images. This is why I really like C200. It just gives great results.

The lack of avaliability of the C200 is a bit worrying, it is one of my favourite films. Cheap and has a nice "analog" feel. Hopefully it will be back in stock soon.

Intriguing, my local film and camera dealer used to have tons of it, checking now it's all gone. Every time I went in a student would come in for their film fix, and always ask for Portra 400. Then when that had run out or became mortgage territory they'd forlornly ask if there was anything similar, so I'd pipe up that Fujicolor 200 was excellent and stunning for the price, and get ignored. When they'd left with their Lomography 400, I'd ask Russell the owner how they got it developed, he replied they took it to Snappy Snaps and get it back looking like ****.

I suspect the money is to be had in the more premium films. Consumer film is a strange hangover from the mass market film era. If it doesn't sell in multi-millions of rolls its economics have to be very suspect.

The lack of avaliability of the C200 is a bit worrying, it is one of my favourite films. Cheap and has a nice "analog" feel. Hopefully it will be back in stock soon.

It is because demand is significantly higher than supply. All film distributors I have talked to have confirmed that. When they get another shipment, it is mostly sold out in a few days.
And I suspect that now in the Corona crisis these cheap films will gain further market share.

I was almost afraid to look at this thread. I just got some in and was afraid I'd find everyone bashing the film. I'm glad to hear people like it.

I always liked Fuji and have been shooting up some old rolls that have been lying around. Shopping for fresh was a bit of a shock, but I eventually started seeing the Fuji 200 at decent prices. I got 15 rolls from Unique for $60 shipped. Adorama was just a bit more at $70. I'm in the eastern US as are both of those stores, so shipping will probably be higher elsewhere. B&H is nice for the free shipping, but out of stock as mentioned here.

Back