Germany RFF'ers?

Apologies for the late reply Kent.
We will arrive Frankfurt 16 May 0815hr, and move straight to Hamburg via train, arriving Hamburg hopefully by 1230hr. By evening, we would have moved off to Berlin, arriving Berlin 2100hr.

If you are in Hamburg, lets shoot!

Just a few more hours before take-off and I shall land in Frankfurt. I also just found out that my local outlet (one and only) who does E6 development, shall cease in mid-July.

With their arrogance, I have decided that if possible, I would like to consider developing my batch of slides while in Germany/Austria/Swiss during this trip.

Would you guys have any leads on outlets where I can patronize?

Thanks much!

I just checked their site .. they offer 2000dpi for MF and over 4000 for 35mm now too. Not sure what scanner they use now tho.

Just a few more hours before take-off and I shall land in Frankfurt. I also just found out that my local outlet (one and only) who does E6 development, shall cease in mid-July.

With their arrogance, I have decided that if possible, I would like to consider developing my batch of slides while in Germany/Austria/Swiss during this trip.

Would you guys have any leads on outlets where I can patronize?

Thanks much!

You also visit Hamburg, right?

Then Jan Kopp is doing E-6 development daily:
http://www.jankopp.de/

And Open Eyes:
http://www.open-eyes-hamburg.de/leistungen/filmentwicklung.html

Berlin:
Gröger & Gerstenberg:
http://www.diaentwicklung.de/diaentwicklung_basics.html

Pixelgrain:
http://pixelgrain.com/de/10/entwicklung.html

Phototechnik Berlin:
http://www.phototechnik-berlin.de/fotolabor/filmentwicklung.html

Have a nice trip!

Cheers, Jan

Jan, that is a wonderful set of information. Thank you very much. I will be in Hamburg for a day, Berlin for 3, and Munich for 2. The intention is to finish as much slides as possible so I don't waste them (shooting locally at my home town).

All these outlets make my local shops seem so mediocre!

Well, please don't forget that

- Berlin is a city with 3,5 million inhabitants
- Hamburg has 1,8 million inhabitants
- Munich has 1,3 million inhabitants.

How much has your city?

And then some other factors play an important role:
- in Germany slide film and projection have always been very popular (the German market goes for quality)
- there are still relative many film shooters in Germany (compared to other countries)
- the German economy is (currently) relative strong
- therefore Germany has an excellent lab infrastructure (compared to other countries).

Enjoy your journey and your slides, and shoot as much as possible.
And when your are in Munich, just keep cool, Bavarian people are sometimes a bit strange :D, and they have big difficulties in speaking German :p :angel:.

Cheers, Jan

And when your are in Munich, just keep cool, Bavarian people are sometimes a bit strange :D, and they have big difficulties in speaking German :p :angel:.

Cheers, Jan

The Bavarian language (german) is similar to the language (german) spoken in the northern part of Austria. The german spoken in Innsbruck is tyrolean (tirolerisch).
Must be a very interesting trip for the TO to travel trough so many different slangs; Hamburg, Berlin, München, Innsbruck.:D

The Bavarian language (german) is similar to the language (german) spoken in the northern part of Austria. The german spoken in Innsbruck is tyrolean (tirolerisch).
Must be a very interesting trip for the TO to travel trough so many different slangs; Hamburg, Berlin, München, Innsbruck.:D

I'm Saxonian living in Berlin .. if we'd meet you get that dialect too (read: typical east german language in movies)

Hi guys & gals

It is 17 May 2225hr in Berlin now, and my second night in Germany. Lovely!

People are nice, food is excellent and so is transportation. Had a few hours in Hamburg, and the only thing that ruined it for me was balancing the elephant of the RZ67. Hand to dump it in the bag while the M2 and GRD did its magic.

Another night and I will get to experience the slangs of Munich & Berchesgarten. Thereafter, Salzburg and Innsbruck.

Hoping to get some 'passable' shots as find that the people of Berlin move really fast!

Enjoy the weather while it lasts!

I've not settled my plans for tomorrow .. I've a lot of stuff to do but there is possibly time for a coffee late aftnernoon .. 4-5pm maybe? If you don't have time no problem, I'm quite busy too.
Where in the city do you stay btw.? Go out now when you are in Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain, Mitte or so .. lot's of people in the streets!

So see you on Saturday in Innsbruck!

PS: I stay next week in Salzburg and leave on Friday back to Innsbruck, so gibe me a PM if we will meet maybe in Salzburg too!

Greetings
Michael

Hi Michael
Will call you to arrange meeting in Salzburg. We arrive Salzburg 23 May 0945hr. Depart Salzburg 25 May / 0800hr for Innsbruck.
We then depart Innsbruck 25 May / 1345hr for Zurich.

I have your number and will call you prior to arrival.

Hi Shin, we bumped into the Carnival of Culture in Berlin, and it was vibrant!

Moving to Munich in about 4hr!

Hi Michael
Will call you to arrange meeting in Salzburg. We arrive Salzburg 23 May 0945hr. Depart Salzburg 25 May / 0800hr for Innsbruck.
We then depart Innsbruck 25 May / 1345hr for Zurich.

I have your number and will call you prior to arrival.

Hi Shin, we bumped into the Carnival of Culture in Berlin, and it was vibrant!

Moving to Munich in about 4hr!

Waitet for you in Innsbruck untill 9.30
Your Mobil was dead so I missed you :-(

Back