Votes: 3 0.3%
  • 21mm 1.4

Votes: 18 1.5%
  • 50mm noctilux (any one)

Votes: 78 6.7%
  • Other (precise below)

Votes: 64 5.5%

• Total voters
I had a 35/1.4 ASPH but just couldn't get into it... also owned a few Hexars over the years, trying to get into 35 like lots of Leica brethren... I have to admit, I don't like the focal length at all. I find I really like isolating my subject, and 50mm allows me a bit more distance to do it. If I need to get really close, I bust out a CV 25/4.

My vote is for a 50 Summicron for price, mostly, but I can't afford it. I'll be getting a Summitar, which is an oldie but goodie.

Elmar-M 50mm f/2.8, Leica M3, Tmax400 printed on Ilford MGIV fb.

Erik.

4293583295_59546cb3db_b.jpg

wonderful examples of your work and lenses Erik. I think we all agree that whatever lens you have in your kit you will invariably like it. What worries me is that I covet a new lens whenever I see one here or walk into my local leica dealer. but it's a healthy passion.

if i could only have one lens for my m-system... it'd be the 35f1.4 asph.

if i could only have one leica lens (and other brand lenses to compement), then it would be noctilux asph.

I'd have the most expensive and then sell it and buy a complete set of ZM or cheaper Leica lenses :D

PS the 35 Summarit is fantastic... really fantastic. The more I use it the more I love the handling and rendering. This lens never makes anything look ugly. Bokeh thus far is always as good as it gets. Resolution is superb from wide open, very smooth contrast and the focus action, while light is like butter.

I'm looking at LFI GALLERY M-ANALOG MASTERSHOTS section and it's dominated by Summicrons... Can anyone please explain to me, why Summiluxes are so popular on this thread?

Last edited:
my favorite isn't listed, and i don't surrently have a leica body, but here goes: elmar collapsible 50/2.8. it is what i most fondly remember about my long-gone m3 double stroke ...

35 1.2

35 1.2

I just voted. If I could have only one lens for the M4, it would be the 35 f1.2. If it has to be a Leica lens, then the 50 f2 latest version.

f/1.4 is overrated. 'The shot you'l'd otherwise miss'. f/2 and a steady hand; and if the subject moves... well it would have moved anyway.

35/2 ASPH for me any day.

Just my 50 Kopeks.

Back