hey all, I've been toying with the idea of buying an X-Pro1 or X-T1 for my legacy lenses.
how's MF on the Fuji cameras?

I was mind blown by the ease and accuracy you could MF on the A7 but honestly I would rather give my money to Fuji.

You'll be far more pleased with manual focusing on the X-T1 than any other X cameras.

I went out a couple of weeks ago and shot some Chinese new year pix with My XE-1 and CV 15 lens, but after processing in LR, they have all come out with XIF data that suggests they were shot on a Sony Nex

What happened? I know I didn't even have the Nex with me on that day - has something hung over in LR and somehow rewritten the XIF on these shots?

Confused

The man in the Blog tells rubbish.
I loved the CV15 on my Ricoh GXR, but on the Fuji it doesnt run even at f8. All four corners of the pic were totally smeared.

Attachments

• DSCF1901.jpg
    DSCF1901.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
  • crop-1901.jpg
    crop-1901.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
I loved the CV15 on my Ricoh GXR, but on the Fuji it doesnt run even at f8. All four corners of the pic were totally smeared.

I used the CV 15 on my X-Pro1 this past summer and found the prints to be lovely. I've heard this "smearing" comment around the web, but I never saw it. Sadly I had to sell that lens in order to try another. I plan to get it again one day. :)

med_U45148I1390260959.SEQ.1.jpg

Nikkor 35 2.5 on XE1

Never you mind, Helen. I like it.

I use a 1970 50cron on my X-E1 also.

oh hey Ron, Hello

you sound so Southern "never you mind"....love it
and love v3 cron just like You

Thanks and glad to hear about how well the 21 elmarit does ;)

Does he? Well, that man in the blog is me.
And if you had looked at the included crops of the photos I took with the CV15 on my X-E1, you would have seen that there is no smearing at all!

You should not generalize about the performance of a lens based on your personal singular experience and probably some problems you had with it.

After reading several "tests" of that combo, there are some who do not get decent results with that combo and others who love it.
It seems to be caused by two reasons:
1. In many photos I have seen from the dissatisfied users, the corners were not in focus.
2. The M39 screwmount version seems to behave a lot better than the M-mount version, for whatever reason.

I used the CV 15 on my X-Pro1 this past summer and found the prints to be lovely. I've heard this "smearing" comment around the web, but I never saw it. Sadly I had to sell that lens in order to try another. I plan to get it again one day. :)

Thanks for that confirmation.

Nice try Kent.
But you hadnt post a single pic where the corners are in the same optical distance.
Every cheap Sony Nex 5 or Ricoh does better.

Now, THAT is nonsense! OoF corners rather deteriorate performance.
How come you don't just ignore my experience but also Jamie's?

Back