Gary,

Nice angle and composition. What adapter are you using for the version 4? And do you recommend it. I only have the Fuji and with my 35 usually get close in but I would like the option of focusing to infinity for the odd landscape :)

David

Thanks..

I own a lot of different adapters for mirrorless cameras. The best ones are the novoflex ones I have. I also have the Fuji OEM and various other brands such as the metabones, fotodiox, etc...

If u plan to scale/zone focus u need for infinity focus to sport on the lens mark, not slightly off. If inf point is slightly off the lens mark, then the markings on the scale cannot be trusted. If u never scale focus or use zone, it does not matter as much except if u care about loosing a bit of close focus..

Here is a previous thread about adapters..
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138491

Short answer, Fuji OEM is slightly off at inf, mine is about 1\16 of an inch. It is well built. The biggest advantage it has over my other m adapters is that Fuji only allows lens correction to be available w/ their adapter vs any third party.

The metabones speedbooster I have for Nikon lenses is good at inf and pretty well built. But the normal metabones is not as well built and mine needed to be shimmed at inf.

Some of my fotodiox needed shimming and some did not. Their newer fotodiox pro line, I have been lucky so far in terms of inf.

Good luck
Gary

Last edited:
Thanks Gary

Thanks Gary

I already have the ad use the Fuji. It is well made but version 4 does not work with this adapter (as you know) at least to infinity. I will look at that link but hearing that the Rayqual is accurate may try that one.

David

Yep. V4 a problem. I use a fotiodiox that I shimmed to inf right now. I have the novoflex for my m43 and it is so much better

Gary

Rayqual

Rayqual

Yes, I looked into Rayqual and decided to get one. They have been backordered at CQ but I found one like new on the bay. I should be good with that one.
David

CV25f4 on XE1. Lens flares easily but cleans up nicely when I run it thru SP2. This shot was cropped about 50%. Pretty nice lens to use for zone focus since it has the detents for 1, 1.5 and 3 meters.

_XE16082.jpg

Combined w/ the smaller XE1 body, kind of a fun setup to use.

Gary

Raw-Jpeg and the Fujis

Raw-Jpeg and the Fujis

One of the pleasures of shooting pictures over the years was to load K25 or a nice B&W film into a Leica and see what I could get wide open and with a slow handheld shutter. The reciprocity failure with Kodachrome could be very cool. And admiring Ernst Haas' and William Alard's work, I would go after some of the affects they produced particularly with movement.
The Fujis are not as simple but they offer these cool features like ND built in on X100 and Film Simulation. So the idea of learning to use these cameras so they become more simple in the long run is very appealing.

Wednesday

Wednesday

Hipsterdufus, I like your post here. It is funny how much footprint the lovers take up in that image. I noticed them the first time (last week) when I saw the image but now my eye goes right to them.

And Back Alley, your nice treatment of kitchen implements inspire my post here. I picked up a 90 Elmarit 2.8 last week. It is one version of 90 I have never had, but I have used one and liked the result so this was my test drive.

hey all, I've been toying with the idea of buying an X-Pro1 or X-T1 for my legacy lenses.
how's MF on the Fuji cameras?

I was mind blown by the ease and accuracy you could MF on the A7 but honestly I would rather give my money to Fuji.

It's pretty good. After a month of X-E1 use, I think manual focus on my G1 m4/3 was easier. No focus peaking on that one, but the zoom was very sharp, and I could focus the old fashioned way (by eye) no prob.

The X-E1 has a strange way of not showing the sharpest image when you are taking, and the focus peaking mostly just gets in my way.

Oh, I see you're asking about the X-Pro1. I don't know about that one.

Nice light there Garrett.

I find the X E2 does really well with MF lenses and focusing I imagine the XT 1 would also be very good. The refresh rate is improved on newer models so I would suggest getting one of those.

David

Back