another…

10966913754_207c64f165_c.jpg

X-Pro1 with Jupiter-3

X-Pro1 with Jupiter-3

Here are a few images from my first tests of the Brian Sweeney-adjusted Jupiter-3 50mm f1.5 lens on the X-Pro1. All were made at f1.5, ISO 800 and are straight out of camera RAW via Aperture.

U14844I1386538850.SEQ.0.jpg

U14844I1386538850.SEQ.1.jpg

U14844I1386538851.SEQ.2.jpg

I think I'm going to like this little lens for low-light. I might give it a try in the daylight this weekend on the streets of San Francisco. :)

Some shots from Fuji XP1 - Speedbooster - Voigtlander 40f2

This first two shots at f5.6 or f8

- leaves are drying up and just collecting by the grates.. About as good as it gets in terms of fall type colors in the bay area..
_XP15735.jpg

- golf course near the Legion of Honor
_XP15748.jpg

Next two were shot wide open inside the museum - converted to B&W using Silver FX Pro 2
_XP15774.jpg

_XP15780.jpg

All four shots had some cropping done.

Gary

just a quick question regarding adapters. i noticed that the pre-asph summilux 35 doesn't fit the OEM fujifilm adapter to the X mount. does the lens fit the KIPON brand adapter instead?

The Fuji OEM Leica adapter has a smaller inside diameter to house some unique electronics that Fuji put in theirs. All other third party adapters do not have this issue.

Gary

The Fuji OEM Leica adapter has a smaller inside diameter to house some unique electronics that Fuji put in theirs. All other third party adapters do not have this issue.

Gary

ah, i see. thanks, it seems like that it's kind of a useless feature cause it only allows you to shortcut to the adapted lens menu. also it opens up the grayed area for setting up lens profiles, but because of the adapter it's only for M mount lens?

Gary

It's my experience that some other third party adapters DO have this issue. I've gone through about a 1/2 dozen LM-FX adapters and finally settled on Hawk's helicoid adapter.

Not the limiting of the lens usage like the Fuji OEM does. It cuts into the depth that the rear element can be extended into the body. I have both third party and the fuji OEM. My 35 cron v4 will work fine w/ the fotodiox pro adapter but cannot be set to infinity w/ the Fuji OEM.. The ring housing the electronics is on the end facing the sensor and protrudes into the inside diameter by maybe 1/6 an inch all the way around.. The only lenses that have issue w/ the third party adapters that I am currently aware of are -
- collapsibles
- contax g lenses wider then 28
- some really old lenses that have rear elements that protrude way into the film camber

Compared to the Fuji OEM, the third parties will adapt more different lenses.

Gary

Shooting with an X-E1, Metabones speed booster adapter and Nikon Series E 70-210mm zoom.

image by jtzillman, on Flickr

Photo taken about 4 months ago after I had just purchased the X-E1 with what is not a great lens, but I was surprized at how well the image turned out. This is straight out of the camera set on the Provia film simulation setting.

Nice pic

Nice pic

Gary,

Nice angle and composition. What adapter are you using for the version 4? And do you recommend it. I only have the Fuji and with my 35 usually get close in but I would like the option of focusing to infinity for the odd landscape :)

David

Back